Can I leave Slimming World & rejoin on referral from NHS for my 12 free weeks?

caz72me

Hi, I have been with slimming world for about 10 months. I am diabetic and yesterday had my yearly review with the diabetic nurse, she was impressed with my weight loss so far but I still have quite a bit to go before I'm at an acceptable BMI - she gave me a referral voucher to slimming world for 12 free weeks. Money is very tight in our household at the moment (struggling every month to pay the bills and having to sell stuff around the house just to cope til payday!) and it would really help us out if I could use these free 12 weeks given to me. I have searched & searched online for the rules of the referral scheme and can't find alot of information about 'current members' & the scheme but I think it is designed for new members only.

I was considering leaving my current group anyhow as seem to be constantly 'visiting' another group for weigh-ins. So does anyone know whether I could stop going to my group and just re-join at the other group in say a 'fortnight'? and this way I could hopefully use the referral vouchers. I intend carrying on after the 12wks still as I really want to get to target and then still attend group monthly (this was my mistake last time I lost weight, stopped going completely and I need the group & regular weigh-ins to keep the weight off!)

Any advice - similar stories appreciated

I believe there has to be a certain time passed before you could rejoin using the voucher. Perhaps call SW and ask for the position :)

There is nothing to stop you going to a new class, getting a new card and signing up as a new member. This is regardless of the referral voucher scheme.

I don't know what the rules are if you wanted to use your existing membership and card etc.

The referral scheme is just a voucher isn't it? So you should be able to take it to your existing group too.

You need to have not been a member for 6 months before you can have a referral, it was one of the questions i was asked before they got in touch with slimming world for mine so you could try but theres a chance slimming world may not let you do it xx

Hmmm a lady in my group was an existing member and she used a referral. I know my consultant had to sort it out with head office and they had to do something their end, but she got the free 12 weeks.

It varies - not all practices offer it, I don't think Wales is included sorry, but even if they do they criteria will differ x

Back