Induction Can i lose a stone in 3weeks?

Binni

Hello all

I was wondering if somebody could help me?

In need of losing a stone in 3weeks! Can I do it on Atkins? If so what's the best way to do it... As in what foods to eat and when?

I'm on a mission! Just need the right diet to follow....

Help will be much appreciated
B xxxx

Hi Binni

It's really hard to say. If you're a few stone over a healthy BMI then possibly but it's a difficult diet to give guarantees on, especially not knowing where you started from.

If you're dieting right now - say on a VLCD then you'd be unlikely to have a big first week loss. If you're not dieting right now then the average first week loss varies between around 3-7lb, with some people losing a little more or less.

It's then quite common for loss to stall for a week in either the second or third week - but again that doesn't happen to everyone.

After the first week the average loss is around 2lb per week - again for some a little more, fir some a little less.

The average Atkins loss is 1/2 a stone a month after the first month. The first month is often more as people might lose half a stone in their first week - that's called water weight, it's the body releasing it's stores of glycogen, and happens on most diets in the first week - if you then go back to normal eating you'd put that weight back on.

So, some people definitely do lose a stone in the first 3 weeks. A lot don't quite. And bear in mind it won't all be fat you lose in the first week. None of this is intended to be discouraging - if you stick to the diet you'll lose. I've lost nearly 2 stone in 3 months and had one week off plan.

As for what to eat - you need to grab a copy of the Atkins book, but to get a basic idea go to the stickies section and read 'so you're thinking of starting atkins'.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for the detailed reply moonlight!

Much appreciated...

I'm not currently on any diet and have been pigging out quite abit :/

I'm currently 10st 9lbs and 5ft 1in and wanted to get down to 9stone 9lbs for my brothers wedding.

As Atkins losses can vary I think I'll have to try do lipotrim just to guarantee my losses as I've done it before but hate not being able to eat on it!

Maybe I'll be able to move onto Atkins after I've lost this stone.

Thanks again dear!

Hope your diet is going well and goodluck with further losses....

Much love
Binni :)

You're pretty close to the weight you want to be so I do think you'll probably have a more dramatic loss on a VLCD than Atkins. I recommend atkins for keeping it off though ;)

Hi moonlights

I started lipotrim yesterday! Finding it ok as I'm so determined, the family even ordered a delivery of pizza and I stayed strong!

Hopefully will lose as much as I can in two weeks on this and then I will defo go on to Atkins! I think atkins is one of the coolest diets as I can eat all the foods I really love!

How's it going for you? How long have you been on it for?

I'm going to order the book and have a good read so I'm ready for when I've finished with these shakes!

X

Started lipotrim 16th July 2012 weighing 10st 8lbs

Back