Can I mix bars?

Kath

Water water everywhere
I've just started week two so can't wait to try a bar, going to have one in a bit. I was wondering, can I cut them in half and have half of one flavour and half of another?

Say half a lemon and half a toffee?

Hi Kath,i cant see why there should be any prob with mixing bars but i am sure someone will be along soon who can answer your question for you 4 sure.
Take care xx

Ooh yey thanks everyone, I'm trying half a nut crunch and half a toffee bar

I can't believe how excited I am to chew something! Here goes....:D

well???? What's the verdict??? Or are you still chewing blissfully? :D

Eee yak! How disapointing! I've eaten the nut bar, which was kind of okish but the smell was horrid. Now I'm trying to eat the toffee bar but it's horrid! I love toffee :(

Kath did you like the nut crunch? I had them for the first time this week and was so excited that I had one as soon as I got in from WI last night. Well.... I was nearly sick, it was horrible, I don't know what that taste is supposed to be... but - eurgh!

Can i 'cook' it with something else to make it nicer?

Vikki.

Oh, we posted at the same time... I quite liked the toffee, but not enough to want to scoff the lot!

Kath did you like the nut crunch? I had them for the first time this week and was so excited that I had one as soon as I got in from WI last night. Well.... I was nearly sick, it was horrible, I don't know what that taste is supposed to be... but - eurgh!

Can i 'cook' it with something else to make it nicer?

Vikki.

Oh, we posted at the same time... I quite liked the toffee, but not enough to want to scoff the lot!

I've read somewhere the nut crunch can be crumbled into soup :confused: The little pieces of nuts in them are nice but that's about it - think I'd rather have had a shake!

My hubby's been having a toffee bar every day for lunch at work this week - he told me they were lovely! :mad:

Hi Kath.
I don't see why not you can't half the bars, as long as your strong to put them away and not eat both of them mind.

The bars are strange things. There are people who really love them and then others who hate them. Im middle of the road. How I deal with them is as follows:-

I place a toffee or lemon bar on a piece of grease proof paper and place in microwave (mine is 900w) then I put on high for 1min 10 secs, you will see the bar swell like cake mixture, all the white toffee bit on the top melts and when the microwave finishes the end result is like a "large cookie" without the chocolate bits that is. I leave it on a plate for about 10-15 minutes and it goes rock hard. I then eat this at 8.00 - 9.00pm with a black tea for my supper with all the family so I don't feel left out.

I find this is the only way I can eat them as they make me feel sick if I chew on them they have more flavour if you cook them.

Hope this has helped.

Hi Kath.
I don't see why not you can't half the bars, as long as your strong to put them away and not eat both of them mind.

The bars are strange things. There are people who really love them and then others who hate them. Im middle of the road. How I deal with them is as follows:-

I place a toffee or lemon bar on a piece of grease proof paper and place in microwave (mine is 900w) then I put on high for 1min 10 secs, you will see the bar swell like cake mixture, all the white toffee bit on the top melts and when the microwave finishes the end result is like a "large cookie" without the chocolate bits that is. I leave it on a plate for about 10-15 minutes and it goes rock hard. I then eat this at 8.0 - 9.00pm with a black tea for my supper with all the family so I don't feel left out.

I find this is the only way I can eat them as they make me feel sick if I chew on them they have more flavour if you cook them.

Hope this has helped.

Thanks Carolyne, I might give that a try - they have made me feel quite sick so hope the fruit flavours are more appetizing!

To be honest I found it so foul I'm even contemplating going to the pop in on Sunday to change them (I've got three of the b***ers) and get more choccie shakes as I love making the muffins. Either that or go without on Tuesday until I get to WI ( and then eat 3 toffee ones in a row:eek: ).

Vikki.

To be honest I found it so foul I'm even contemplating going to the pop in on Sunday to change them (I've got three of the b***ers) and get more choccie shakes as I love making the muffins. Either that or go without on Tuesday until I get to WI ( and then eat 3 toffee ones in a row:eek: ).

Vikki.

Is it far to go to your pop in? I'd definitely change if I were you - I'm going to try lemon and fruit one as a mixed bar tomorrow and then if I don't like them either I'm going to take the other 3 back and change them for shakes!

I have a 40 minute drive to get to my 'pop in', so not so much a pop in as a day out!!:p (It does happen to be near a big retail park though which is a bonus!)

Vikki.

I have a 40 minute drive to get to my 'pop in', so not so much a pop in as a day out!!:p (It does happen to be near a big retail park though which is a bonus!)

Vikki.

Oh blimey! That's a right task then! Maybe hang on and eat 3 bars in one go after your weigh in :D

I'm lucky, mine's only 5 minutes away

It has to be said I thought long and hard about LL due to the locations of LLC in Wales. I knew that the TA/CBT thing was exactly what I needed- the VLCD being a bonus. I couldn't see that CD offered the therapies (am I right there?), so I didn't look in to whether there were CDC's near me. In the end I thought that a hour or so of driving once a week wouldn't hurt if it helped me to lose weight in the end.

Mind you, driving back across the mountains in the dark and thick mist was a bit scary last night... I kept seeing lots of orange eyes reflected in the car lights!!:eek:

It has to be said I thought long and hard about LL due to the locations of LLC in Wales. I knew that the TA/CBT thing was exactly what I needed- the VLCD being a bonus. I couldn't see that CD offered the therapies (am I right there?), so I didn't look in to whether there were CDC's near me. In the end I thought that a hour or so of driving once a week wouldn't hurt if it helped me to lose weight in the end.

Mind you, driving back across the mountains in the dark and thick mist was a bit scary last night... I kept seeing lots of orange eyes reflected in the car lights!!:eek:

I don't know about CD to be honest, I'm not sure if they have 'group meetings' and I must admit I do like the fact that there's a group of us in the same situation, helps with support.

I don't envy you driving across the mountains in the dark! My sister used to live in Wales :)

Right, sorry for the delay, I'm home from work and the kids have had tea, now I'm on here for 30 mins before I'm off out again for my Welsh class. Part of the deal I made with my OH was that I needed to be busy in the evenings, to stop me bingeing. So I'm out 3 nights a week now!! As for the night drive over the wild moors... well i'll get used to it I'm sure ((??!!??:( ??!!??)).

Right, sorry for the delay, I'm home from work and the kids have had tea, now I'm on here for 30 mins before I'm off out again for my Welsh class. Part of the deal I made with my OH was that I needed to be busy in the evenings, to stop me bingeing. So I'm out 3 nights a week now!! As for the night drive over the wild moors... well i'll get used to it I'm sure ((??!!??:( ??!!??)).

Oh yes good idea - keeping busy is key to this isn't it!

Back