Green Days can slimming world work with excercise?

bex10

I am currently doing alot of weight training and worrying that all the carbs i eat on a green day will effect the results from the excercise. Im a vegetarian so i cant change days :(

If anyone knows anything about weight training with slimming world id really appreciate advice!!!

I used to combine green days with 12 hours of dance a week and lost 3 stone over about 5 months.

Weight training builds muscle which in turn increases your metabolism. Make sure you are getting plenty of protein to aid this process - always a challenge for vegetarians but very do-able. There is no reason on earth why lots of carbs would have a negative impact on your results; your speeded up metabolism is well able to deal with them!

I used to combine green days with 12 hours of dance a week and lost 3 stone over about 5 months.

Thanks for your replies. I'm just struggling at the moment to lose the last 10 lbs. I've been stuch at 9 10 for 4 months. I feel like I need to change something. Its so frustrating. Everyone says maybe you should cut down on carbs- but there free foods. Maybe I am eating too many :(

Weight training builds muscle which in turn increases your metabolism. Make sure you are getting plenty of protein to aid this process - always a challenge for vegetarians but very do-able. There is no reason on earth why lots of carbs would have a negative impact on your results; your speeded up metabolism is well able to deal with them![/QUOTEThanks for your replies. I'm just struggling at the moment to lose the last 10 lbs. I've been stuch at 9 10 for 4 months. I feel like I need to change something. Its so frustrating. Everyone says maybe you should cut down on carbs- but there free foods. Maybe I am eating too many ]

Just wanted to add that you can do green without overdosing on the carbs as there are loads of protein rich food that are free on green.Any food eaten to excess has the potential to affect your losses though. Why not post a few days of your food diary and we can take a look for you. You could be eating too much portion wise or you may not be eating enough given you are exercising a fair amount :)

On a regualr day ill have...
Breakfast weetabix (hb) and blueberry
Snack-banana
Lunch-jacket potato and beans with a fruit
Snack-fruit
Dinner-pasta veg and chesse (ha)
Snack - ryvita and fruit

Then I spend my syns throughout the week on extras
I do weights 45 mins and cardio 25 mins 5 time a week. Thanks for all your help

Can you shift your thinking a bit?

Are your clothes fitting you better? Have you taken measurments?

If you're doing a lot of weight training (are you lifting heavy?) then your muscles will be hanging onto water in order to repair themselves - this will definitely have an impact on the scales. The other possibility is that you are overtraining. The advice is to do resistence training 3 times a week - I know it sounds counter intuitive but it looks like you are simply not giving your body sufficient time to recover.

You need to up your protein as well.

My husband is doing a lot of training at the moment at the end of a 4 stone weight loss diet. He's struggling to maintain his weight as it keeps going up even though he's not eating anything bad or too much. His fitness trainer friend has told him that it's just his muscle and tone and that now he's no longer a fat man his muscles are the bulk of his weight and he won't fit into the green BMI band much longer, even though he's super healthy. I think you have to look at more than just the scales when you lose weight - health isn't just a number!!

Liz
xx

Yip as Jezzi says up the protein and cut out carbs for at least one meal. Best thing to do is have carbs after your workout, so if you workout during the day, have carbs then (always wholewheat if possible), white carbs do nothing productive imo. But try to eat as much protein as you can during the day instead of carbs - it will help you shift the last few pounds xx

Yip as Jezzi says up the protein and cut out carbs for at least one meal. Best thing to do is have carbs after your workout, so if you workout during the day, have carbs then (always wholewheat if possible), white carbs do nothing productive imo. But try to eat as much protein as you can during the day instead of carbs - it will help you shift the last few pounds xx
This is great advice. Is there any examples you can give of meals without carbs as I haven't a clue what counts as carbs other than patatoe and pasta
Thanks!!!

This is great advice. Is there any examples you can give of meals without carbs as I haven't a clue what counts as carbs other than patatoe and pasta
Thanks!!!

No probs. Your fruit and veg have carbs to but life would be even more boring without them! It may feel strange to have meals minus the starchy carbs but veg itself can be really filling (if made interesting ) :) I really like roasted veg, things like fennel, carrots, red onion, peppers, garlic, squeeze over some lemon juice and fresh herbs and roast for half an hour - you could grate over some cheese for a cheesy veg bake. Roasted aubergine in a tomato sauce again with a bit of cheese on top. Soup can be really nice at night too. Sir-fry veg, lots of veg, perhaps a few peanuts, lots of mushrooms for a hearty texture, add soy sauce, garlic, rice wine vinegar. Just replacing one meal a day without bulky carbs may do the trick xx

Also things like stuffed portobello mushrooms, stuff with cottage cheese/cheese/herbs. Vegetable curry with cauliflower rice - I'll try think of more :) xx

No probs. Your fruit and veg have carbs to but life would be even more boring without them! It may feel strange to have meals minus the starchy carbs but veg itself can be really filling (if made interesting ) :) I really like roasted veg, things like fennel, carrots, red onion, peppers, garlic, squeeze over some lemon juice and fresh herbs and roast for half an hour - you could grate over some cheese for a cheesy veg bake. Roasted aubergine in a tomato sauce again with a bit of cheese on top. Soup can be really nice at night too. Sir-fry veg, lots of veg, perhaps a few peanuts, lots of mushrooms for a hearty texture, add soy sauce, garlic, rice wine vinegar. Just replacing one meal a day without bulky carbs may do the trick xx

Thanks for this such great advice! ill try and cut carbs out at lunchtime see if it does the trick. Just hope it doesnt make me too tired for my evening workout :(. Ill give it a go. Thank you so much for your help :) xxx

Thanks for this such great advice! ill try and cut carbs out at lunchtime see if it does the trick. Just hope it doesnt make me too tired for my evening workout :(. Ill give it a go. Thank you so much for your help :) xxx

Hey anytime - It is very much mind over matter though. You have enough carbs in fruit and veg to sustain a workout, you just have to get out of that way of thinking that you need pasta etc. And it's only one meal. Positive thinking! :D Let me know how you get on xx

Thanks for all the advice last week. I went to slimming wolrd tonight and lost 2 pounds!!! making me 1 pound off my next interim target and 4 pounds of my final target!!

Ive been having nuts, blueberrys and yoghurt for breakfast and quorn chicken and salad for lunch with a normal dinner with carbs and fruit throughout the day.
Although ive havent had as much energy and struggling at the gym i guess this is to be expected.

Thanks for all your tips :)

At the minute I'm hating sw with exercise lol, only just started going back to spinning last night and pretty sure that's why I've STS this week for only the second time ever. I know the exercise is good for me and my body shape will change but it doesn't make sts any less disheartening lol

:( its the worst thing doing all the excercise to stay the same. There was a woman in my group who stayed the same for 8 weeks!! But she percieved and still went down a dress size. Make sure your measuing yourself and don't give up!!!

Back