Can somebody explain flexible syns please?

Mel20

I don't understand the whole flexible syns ?
Can someone please explain, thanks xxx

Flexible syns are used for a night out. If you are planning one, the idea is that you give yourself a syn allowance, say 70 syns. You then plan your evening around those syns - drink and food and try to stick to the 70 (or whatever amount) as possible.
The next day you get back on plan as normal. If you do this, SW dont guarantee a loss, but you should at least sts.
Hope this helps?

As above. The key is to keep a running total in your head. Not to deny yourself, but to be conscious of what you're eating and drinking, so you can have a great night, or whatever, but still feel in total control.

As above. The key is to keep a running total in your head. Not to deny yourself, but to be conscious of what you're eating and drinking, so you can have a great night, or whatever, but still feel in total control.

This is how I understand flexi syns as well - it's not going to mean you lose weight that week, but it's more the psychological effect of it. You acknowledge that you're going to be eating or drinking lots of things that you know you shouldn't, but by giving yourself realistic boundaries you're much less likely to wake up the next day, figure you've blown it and so may as well eat like a horse until next weigh in (as I've been guilty of many times!!)

Back