Can someone explain smoked bacon to me please?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by JezVonSavage, 9 November 2010 Social URL.

1. JezVonSavage

JezVonSavage Lost in the Supermarket

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    So, I've been told by my consultant that smoked bacon is quite high in syns, although I can't find this written anywhere in my literature but I'm taking her word for it. But I keep coming accross SW recipes that contain smoked bacon and are free :confused:

How does that work???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

as far as i know its free i have always used it as free as long as all fat is removed:)

4. JezVonSavage

JezVonSavage Lost in the Supermarket

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(8.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's what I thought, but she says not :cry:

I can't find it anywhere though! And her explanations make no sense to me at all. Don't want to question the authoritah though!

5. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If there are SW recipes which have smoked bacon in them which are free, then that proves that it must be free. And in the directory bacon is in the free list without specifying what kind (with the obvious proviso that all the fat should be cut off).

There is nothing in the smoking process of bacon that can add fat as far as I know. I suppose if there were sugar used in the cure, that would add calories, but it doesn't penetrate the skin and fat which you are cutting off anyway.

I would query it with your consultant - if she has got it wrong you will be doing her a favour if you do it discreetly.

6. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with the others but you could phone the syn helpline to get a definitive answer before you speak to her

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.