Can you swap your Healthy Extra's?

julie19

Silver Member
For example - I have 1 weetabix for my breakfast with fruit, with that I can have 4 scan bran but if I didn't want the scan bran could I have 2 Alpen light bars instead or some bread? Anyone know what difference it would make:confused:

It would have to be a straight split for instance
2 weetabix is a HEB or 2 slices of bread is a HEB so you could have half of each = 1 weetabix and 1 bread would be a HEB

They don't really like it because you might make misy=takes like in your exaple 2 Alpens are a HEB so could not replace 4 scan bran which is only part of a HEB
I hope I haven't confused you more

Yep, I agree with eternity! Make it simpler for yourself if you are swopping. A HE of scan is 5 of them so half a HE would be 2.5.

You could have one weetabix and one alpen light for example.

I'm not sure what SW's official line is on having half and half though but if it doesn't affect weight loss......

I do it with milk sometimes as the only time I have milk is in a pasta n sauce so I have half my milk then half a cheese allowance (14g).

Actually sorry to butt in to someone else's thread but I have a question regarding hex's.
Can you have your 2 b's as the same thing? ie 4 slices of bread instead of 2?

Actually sorry to butt in to someone else's thread but I have a question regarding hex's.
Can you have your 2 b's as the same thing? ie 4 slices of bread instead of 2?

Yes you can have the as the same thing but remember to have lots of variety in your diet overall

^ cool thanks, I do eat a lot of different foods I just can't eat any more Alpen bars and 2 small slices of bread are not enough.

you can have two large slices of bread (i.e. from an 800g loaf rather than a 400) which i liked to do sometimes when i was on sw before. costs both HEbs but makes a more substantial sarnie :)

Yep, I agree with eternity! Make it simpler for yourself if you are swopping. A HE of scan is 5 of them so half a HE would be 2.5.

You could have one weetabix and one alpen light for example.

I'm not sure what SW's official line is on having half and half though but if it doesn't affect weight loss......

SW's official line is that you should not split HE's.

BUT .. If I cook a tea for me and hubby, I might use (for example) 1 HE prawns and 1 HE salmon - ie one HE each although we would split the final dish having the equivalent of 1/2 and 1/2

I am on a Green Day and I have just had Heinz tinned ravioli (1+1/2 sins) with 14g grated parmesan (1/2A) and 21g reduced fat cheddar (1/2A) mixed in - it makes a really creamy, cheesey tomato soup texture! I miss creamy lasagne with cheese and black pepper and this is a really good alternative. Thanks for all the tips - it makes doing SW much straightforward when all the answers are here!
Ruth x

Back