Can't decide, help!!

Hi, I have tried every diet known to man and two years ago I lost 6 stone on lighter life but fell pregnant straight after and put it all back on. I'm be trying to shift it all again but I can't decide which diet to do! I have about 9 stone to loose so it needs to be something that works quite quickly but I also want to be healthy. I'm torn between slim and save, diet chef and lighter life, any views and advise would be great.

Thanks Sarah

betterbefore said:
Hi, I have tried every diet known to man and two years ago I lost 6 stone on lighter life but fell pregnant straight after and put it all back on. I'm be trying to shift it all again but I can't decide which diet to do! I have about 9 stone to loose so it needs to be something that works quite quickly but I also want to be healthy. I'm torn between slim and save, diet chef and lighter life, any views and advise would be great.

Thanks Sarah

Maybe not go for a quick fix! If you have managed to put the 6 stone back on then I'd say a quick fix isn't the answer! What about slimming world and eating healthy, it's a life style change you can stick to then with no restrictions on portion control! I'm not slating the other diet plans they work brilliantly for a lot of ppl but you will have to eat your own food and make your own healthy choices one day so why not start that from the beginning! :)

Thanks for your advise guys, I am abut worried about doing another vlcd which is why I was thinking about diet chef because you actually eat normal food, but it's all calorie controlled

hiya I understand the wanting to lose quickly but as the others said not the best longterm, sounds like you just need something that is measured out for you, Rosemary Conley does a new weight loss plan that is all set out for you and have heard very good things, I do her normal diet and its brilliant, well worth having a look at it

Dietchef looks good, if you respond well to the structure of a vlcd, but want a less extreme option. Weightloss won't be as fast as with a vlcd, but then, nothing is. It seems to be pretty fast, though - and it's easy to stick to and hard to bend the rules.

What about good old calorie counting? Yes it's not as fast as stuff like Lighter Life but it gives you more variety to stop you getting bored... and then easier to stick to. :)

How old is your baby? I'm not sure I could cope with anything too extreme with a little one to look after lol. I'd say go with your gut. (haha) and trial the one that interests you most for say a month? If its really hard you'll have at least a good kickstart to your weight loss :)

Have you looked at Go lower? it is similar to Dietchef in that you get all your meals delivered plus you get a councilor. the major difference between them is that go lower is a low carb diet which can work quite fast. (i lost 1st stone in 3 weeks) it does slow down after the first bit. I tried diet chef for two weeks and was going insane i was so hungry. i lost about 8lbs and put it strieght back on again.

The advantage of doing low carb is that it controls you appetite. After 2 weeks on go lower i was forgetting to eat because i wasn't hungry. I learned so much and felt so good afterwards that i still eat low carb today (and am still using it to lose/maintain)

Sorry if i sound like a Go lower fan-girl but it really changed my outlook and now i feel like i am back in control.

Bug X

No, i mean usually i would be hungry before meal times but lunch time would come around without getting any hunger pangs which was a revelation for me as i am a massive foodie. Would absolutly not recommend skipping meals!! Sorry if that was the message that came across!

X

Weight watchers - I think the getting weighed by someone else part is a good motivator to try and lose weight. Also teaches you which foods are good and which are bad - had a few shockers there

I've tried Cambridge and for the price of it I thought it was a waste as I couldn't replace two meals with shakes and just eat chicken n broccoli for tea :/

Just eating naturals

I guess I kinda don't have a lot of great advice for you. I'm not from England, so I don't really know what a "stone" is. I also haven't had "baby weight" in a decade. In fact, I looked great after all three of my babies. I was really sick during pregnancy and then I nursed my babies and kept the weight off.

I am starting the "end of being fat" tomorrow and I am using an "everything natural" strategy. I'm getting rid of boxed foods, fast food, and soda (I drank diet). I'm also planning on a lot of fish and chicken.

My biggest problem--aside from the obvious weight--is that I don't FEEL good. I feel sick to my stomach, to some degree, almost always. I sure hope this approach is the beginning of a new life.

Good luck to you!

Hi Halo,
A stone is 14 pounds! Feeling better is good motivation to lose weight, one of the major reasons for my choosing low carb is that i am wheat intolerant, it seemed the most suitable and it worked for me!

Good luck on the start of your journey!

Hi bug,

I have thought about go lower but it is much more expensive and I'm not sure I can really afford it. Diet chef is roughly £40 a week and go lower is £80. I am going to make a decision an adder something t the end of the week!

Wish me luck!

I have only ever tried Slimming world, but love it!

At the beginning (July 2011) I had about 6 stone to lose.....2 stone 3.5lbs gone so far....I am really enjoying it as you can still eat 'normal' food and snack inbetween, but on foods that are better for you!

My will power has massively increased and I am feeling so much better about myself already.

Back