can't seem to get started

Libibob

I know i should know better, i have my shakes in place, tablet sweetener and my water...
So why do i keep making excuses?? I am ready i know i am!
Sorry just need to rant :-(

When do you intend starting.

Just take it one shake at a time and see how you get on.

It's not so hard once you get started.

Try writing down all the reasons you want to do this, decide when you are starting. Read them that morning and take it one shake at a time.

This weather doesn't help. Don't beat yourself up about it. Take ONE day at a time. Good Luck.:)

I agree with annie- Make a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight, decide on the day you are going to start (say for instance tomorrow), have a lovely day today eat and drink what you want but have it in your mind you are starting tomorrow. Get up in the morning and go for it! When you're feeling down or having a bad day especially in the first week, keep reading the reasons why you are doing this to keep you motivated. Keep posting on here for support. Let us know when you decide to start.

BM

Ok so I've decided tomorrow is my day for starting :) (better late than never) I've found an unused journal, stuck a couple of current pictures on and written down my reasons why I'm doing this.
I've also put on my notice board a water tally and a routine to keep me busy ;-)
I'm not going to come up with all the reasons why i haven't started and dwell on them, instead I'm taking today to just relax, think forward and make sure I'm in the best place mentally that i can be.
Thankyou everyone for your comments, they've helped so much! Hope you are all doing well xxx

Well done Libibob, that sounds like a plan! Good idea to keep a water tally. Good luck for your 1st week. You can do it!

BM

Great idea, have a lovely evening, and you can join us Monday weighers tomorrow. I did 2 lists when I started. One was all the reasons I wanted to be slim, all positively worded, ie I want to feel slim strong and energetic. My next list was an emergency list, if ever I feel like quitting I have to read it first - it more of the negative things I've experienced as a result of my weight, like my 4 year old asking me if I'm fat:( I have loads more too but that's in the past now:) so very best of luck for tomorrow you can do it!!!!

Good for you,

It's worth doing. I only started last thursday so I'm not far behind you. I ate what I wanted last wednesday and was ready the next morning.

Good luck, keep posting.

How did it go?

How did it go for you? hope you are getting into it, we are all here to help support you :)

Go for it Libibob, you have nothing to lose by trying the diet execpt the weight,and everything to gain.Just logging on to this site will give you the inspiration to get through thoes difficult days starting off! Best of luck Tom Red

Back