carbs

amberspy

hi all
with pp do u watch ur carb intake?
is there a certain amount of pp carbs u dont go over (if im making sense )daily
do u think if u eat else carbs daily u get better weight loss?

I dont worry about carbs, with the new pp plan your points go further if you choose high protein and fibre and low carb foods. I used to eat alot of carbs but since following the pp plan i dont eat as much but i have not purposely cut back, its just i choose more filiing foods now.
I know some ppl are cutting out carbs, but for me if id feel deprived cutting anything out of my diet. Ive noticed i do feel bloated if i eat too many carbs.

i dont eat too much bread,,actually i dont eat any,i eat crispbreads tho and melba toast,not a lover of spuds either but had 150grms yesterday with gravy and quorn chicken pieces and was yum!!!i wonder how much pp you should use on protein and dairy products also,,any ideas??

On the web site there is an article on healthy eating. It says you should eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, 5 portions of dairy (half pint milk, pot of plain yogurt and 40g hard cheese is a portion), and 1-2 portions of lean protein. Protein is lean meat, poultry, fish or beans, eggs, soy products and lentils but it doesn't say how much us a portion. I think it also said something about whole grains but I haven't made a note on that but can look and update later.

i think wholegrains i 1 portion too,,like porridge:)

On the web site there is an article on healthy eating. It says you should eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, 5 portions of dairy (half pint milk, pot of plain yogurt and 40g hard cheese is a portion), and 1-2 portions of lean protein. Protein is lean meat, poultry, fish or beans, eggs, soy products and lentils but it doesn't say how much us a portion. I think it also said something about whole grains but I haven't made a note on that but can look and update later.

My leader said an average portion is 60g

Back