Carry syns over?

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Misstink, 29 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Misstink

Misstink Member

Does anyone know if I can carry syns over to use for another day?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. doesmybumlookbig

doesmybumlookbig Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    Your not meant to No, but saying that I know a few people who tot up to total for the week and then take off the syns they eat so they work backwards, with no problems

4. Michlazarus

Michlazarus Member

Cool thank you :)

5. ruthiebusybee

ruthiebusybee Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    114st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    -100st0lb(-691.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    As Nickie said, technically no, but quite a lot of people do, with success.

The only problem with that as I see it, is that if you use all your syns up early on, then you're more likely to bend the rules towards the end of the week.

If you're saving them because you simply haven't used them, then as long as you are having a min of 5 a day, then maybe you don't need your full 15. They do say between 5 and 15, rather than a staunch figure to stick to.

Don't forget you can flexi-syn for special occasions too.

6. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

My consultant says you can save them up, but make sure you use at least 5 a day before "banking" any x

7. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SW position on this has varied over the years but current advice is that it is 'not recommended'. That said lots of people do it successfully. If it helps you stay on plan and you don't feel deprived on the days when you are having fewer syns then why not.

8. sparkledpixie

sparkledpixie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My consultant said this week that it is 'frowned upon' as you may feel deprived... that said if it works for you then go for it. A girl at group has lost 3lbs whilst on holiday and said she had saved her syns throughout the week so she could drink at the weekend. Seems to be working for her!

9. Kirsty89

Kirsty89 Member

I never usually eat any syns during the week as I'm content with free food, I then have a few pints on a weekend with no problem. It may be frowned upon sometimes but I've lost a 15.5lbs in my 6 weeks of slimming so I think it's perfectly fine!

10. Bellevie

Bellevie Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.46%)
    I used to do this lots when I first did SW years ago; meant I could have a 'normal' night out with friends every now and then without either just blowing all the good work or feeling exiled to salads and diet coke! I never starved myself to do it either, stuffed myself silly with free foods for the rest of the week so I could do it.

That said, I do think it depends on the individual and where you're at; I know that 15 years later this wouldn't work for me at all as I would prefer the odd glass of wine or a bit of extra cheese more frequently than once a week, plus I think my body needs a bit more love than it used to : ) so really depends on how it works for you I guess.

Bx

11. Jo*

Jo* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    8st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(20.13%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have lost 10lbs in four weeks I have lost more the weeks I saved mine for the weekend than the weeks I ate every day. I had my syns over Saturday and Sunday last two weeks and none either side and I have lost 1/2 a stone. Its working for me and I do not feel deprived, I feel I am working towards a treat. If it stops working I will stop.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.