CD and Atkins combined anyone?

GoOliveGo

I have restarted on SS CD several times but have found myself tempted to combine with Atkins if I really feel like i'm going to eat food. Does anyone actually do this as Atkins is supposed induce ketosis also?

You could do, though it wouldn't be Cambridge. The weight loss would be much slower though.

Have you tried the cambridge plans that do include food? SS+ and 810 bring similar results to SS :cool:

Hi KD, I have tried ss+ but as soon as I am "allowed" food I struggle to stop at the amount suggested. I guess my thinking was that atkins is unlimited food but still very low carb.... I guess the bottom line is that I need to deal with my cravings to eat bucketloads of food!

Hi KD, I have tried ss+ but as soon as I am "allowed" food I struggle to stop at the amount suggested. I guess my thinking was that atkins is unlimited food but still very low carb.... I guess the bottom line is that I need to deal with my cravings to eat bucketloads of food!

Ah yes. I know that feeling :D Great time to work on it though ;)

Remember unlimited foods also mean the chance to have too many calories :(

So you have choices and it's a case of weighing up the pros with the cons.

Best of luck

Atkins Diet

Careful with the Atkins diet.
Plenty of water should be drank on that diet because the lack of carbohydrates can cause ketones.
The water is also needed to process the larger amounts of protein.
I hope that helps :)

Careful with the Atkins diet.
Plenty of water should be drank on that diet because the lack of carbohydrates can cause ketones.

:D I do believe that's the idea :D

BTW, have removed your spam links as it's against the rules :)

i'm not sure it would work. despite cambridge putting you into a mild form of ketosis, the carb amount you eat is actually quite high in an atkins point of view. the mild ketosis is to keep the hunger at bay (although it doesn't work on emotional hunger or cravings dabnammit) but the real weight loss comes from the calorie restriction and mild ketosis. atkins works on strong ketosis and nothing to do with calorie restriction that i remember, not when i did it. so i think eating nigh on 50g carbs in cambridge produts, plus lots of calories would end up making you gain weight... and i have pondered through this. any way to bend the rules right? :D

abz xx

I find that alternating between atkins and CD bars occasionally are a change that I benefit from, or I wouldnt stay on the CD at all. It wouldnt work with some people, but I am a creature of modification or I wouldnt stick to it - simple as that :)

i'm not sure it would work. despite cambridge putting you into a mild form of ketosis, the carb amount you eat is actually quite high in an atkins point of view.

Well, not quite. You can be on Atkins and yet only in a mild state of ketosis. You can be on Atkins and have more carbs than Cambridge.

You only do the 20g for 2 weeks, then you increase gradually until weightloss plateaus. You find you own best personal level of carbs for weightloss, and stay with it. You are not supposed to go over 90g though. Well, that was the number the book said when I was doing it.

the weight loss will have little to do with the carbs, and more to do with the calories. Ketosis is ketosis whether mild or strong....reduced hunger.:cool:

I believe on Atkins you are allowed 20g of carbs a day and this is much lower than on CD at the beginning. I know the calories on atkins come from the amount of fat you eat not the carbs as such as you are having or as supposed to have complex carbs like brown rice.

i know kd, but aren't you supposed to slowly work your way up? when i was low-carbing i used to have around 40g of carbs a day, so i suppose it may work. but if i've ever altered my cambridge habits and stuck to low-carb but overeaten it has always affected my results, so i figured it must be the calorie difference.

Well, not quite. You can be on Atkins and yet only in a mild state of ketosis. You can be on Atkins and have more carbs than Cambridge.

You only do the 20g for 2 weeks, then you increase gradually until weightloss plateaus. You find you own best personal level of carbs for weightloss, and stay with it. You are not supposed to go over 90g though. Well, that was the number the book said when I was doing it.

the weight loss will have little to do with the carbs, and more to do with the calories. Ketosis is ketosis whether mild or strong....reduced hunger.:cool:

i think..whats the point of wasting money of cambridge when you want to mix it with atkins, why not just do atkins alone?
cambridge is classed as a very low calorie diet, atkins is a ketogenic diet, so actually two very different plans.

Tricky one. I've done this in the past with Atkins food in small amounts, and would say that if your issues are to do with overeating, this is NOT A GOOD IDEA. The abstinence method is the best thing if you need to reprogramme yourself to eat properly, and by ntroducing a "get out of the abstinence" claus, you are not allowing yourself to change the way you think and feel about food.

Really would strongly discourage this as someone who has been there and seen the implications. PS it slows down your losses especially if you eat as much as you like!!!

xx

Back