CD and work

iwillbeslim84

How do people manage with doing CD at work. I do an admin role so i sit at a desk 8hrs a day. I was thinking of having a shake for breakfast and soup/shake for lunch at work. Are they much of an issue to 'make up' and do you advise i get something to 'make them up' in? I did just buy a thermos flask for soup so it doesn't go to cold if i didn't eat it all at once.

There's a 15 minute window to eat soups and shakes once they're made so a flask wouldn't be the answer. Either tetras or bars might be better unless you can get a protein shaker to mix the shakes (Tescos sell them). I work through my breaks so I don't have a traditional 'lunch' and usually take bars which I eat in small pieces with cups of green tea. I did ask my CDC about mousses and she said that the 15 min rule didn't apply (although I'm sure I've read it does) anyway, I have made mousses up in the morning and taken them in, kept them in the fridge at work and had them for lunch. If you have a kettle, you should be OK with soups when you want them

Im also stationary all day at work (driving instructor) so impossible to make up shakes

Ive had tetras & bars from the begining and it solves the problem

Hope that helps :D

p.s...boardwitless idea of protein shaker is good though as you'll no doubt have a kitchen area in your office..i'd do that...or tetras already made x

the 15 minute rule applies to mousses also.
however there is always a tetra ( ready made carton milkshake) which u could take to work with u.
these are available in chocolate, strawberry and banana flavours and are perfect for when ur on the go.
bars are available from week 2 onwards. although some people dont tolerate bars well. i myself am sensitive to the chewy bars and find they knock me out of ketosis easily although i have no problems with the oaty flavours.

I also work in an office all day and i tend to have water till 10ish then shake which i make in a large mug with hot water from kitchen and mix with a spoon. Then for lunch i either have a bar or a tetra,i pour tetra into a beaker and add water to it as i find it too thick. Lunch is usually at 2ish and then dinner i will have porridge at about 7ish.
Works for me and i dont find having to make shakes in work a hassle,but think it depends if you don't mind having some lumps as i only use a spoon and quite like the lumpy bits lol!!

My CDC told me not to worry about the 15 mins? I make my shake in the morning and pour it in a small bottle (means I can give it a good shake beforehand to make it thick and frothy), then drink it about 2 hours afterwards. Sometimes I dont have it until the afternoon. If it's supposed to damage the nutrients in them, by not drinking before 15 mins, I think I would have noticed by now, ie shaky, tired etc. It's probably more due to the fact that the powder will settle at the bottom again if you leave it longer, that's what my CDC said.

Back