chain book group

It's up to you, although maybe it'd be more efficient if we wait until the list is closed? I don't mind though!
Are we going to be listing the book that we're sending prior to sending them out? I was just thinking if the person you've sent it to has already read it then they might not want to read it again? I don't know, just exhausting all issues before starting! :D

Me me me, i Looooove reading. Can i join too please...please be warned, my books all follow the same kind theme....chick lit and usually very very funny!!! although, i am open to trying new types of books!

tinkerbellsmum
rubymoss

freshstartnewme
Mel2
Losc2522

I never read Chick Lit so it'll be nice to be introduced to some! Be warned, a lot of my books are Magical Realism and South-American Carnivalesque... so that should be exciting for you all! :D

It's up to you, although maybe it'd be more efficient if we wait until the list is closed? I don't mind though!
Are we going to be listing the book that we're sending prior to sending them out? I was just thinking if the person you've sent it to has already read it then they might not want to read it again? I don't know, just exhausting all issues before starting! :D

yeah that is a point hun I thought it would be nice to have a suprise but guess its not a suprise if we have already read it mind i don't mind reading it again.

Well it's up to you, this is your brainchild my dear! :D
Maybe see what the other members reckon and if they're all wanting a surprise then we can stick to that!
So, the plan is, we send the person below us our book, and once they've read it, they then forward your book on to the person below them, until it comes full circle?

Are we going to make a proper thing of reviewing the book, or just a couple of lines?
(I'm sorry, I'm one of those annoying people who stresses over everything - kill me now if you'd like :D ) xxx

I suppose we let everyone decide what they want to write they can write as little or as much as they like without giving to much to what the story is about.
I suppose if we are going to review as we go along people are gonna learn the book from the review so it would do no harm to list them.
what does everyone else think

Yeah that's a good point!
Maybe when we post reviews, we should put the title of the book we're reviewing in large type and bold so that people can easily identify the book, and skip it if they haven't read it yet. That way, they don't get any of the story spoilt! :D

Getting excited about starting on these books! :D xxx

It is a good idea to know in advance what the book is it would be such a waste to send something to me in Spain for example if I have read it. I am not being selfish because I think the same applies to everyone. I would much rather we all received something that is new to us.

This is a great idea................ so glad you had it.

xxxxx

What if we PM the person under us with the names of 2 or 3 books that we are willing to send so that they can choose which one of them they want to read? That way they can avoid ones they have already read. Once that person has finished it they then list it, along with 2 others of their own to the next person on the list. The books would still eventually make their way back to us, just might take a bit longer if it was one that wasn't picked often.If for some reason it was never picked then it could just be sent back to it's rightful owner after a while. Just a suggestion....

I agree - I think if we decide now what book we're going to send, if there's any problems (i.e. anyone wishing to participate has already read it/doesn't want to read it again) then the book choice can be changed before we actually get round to sending them. Shall I repost with the title of the book I'm going to send? :) xxx

If it helps, I do not need anyone to send my books back to me.

I know which is going to be the first book I send, I just need to know who I am sending it to, and where.

Also ladies I am going to send a pretty book mark as a tiny gift each time I send a book until we all have one.

Looking forward to seeing this underway.

The only very slight downside for me is the staff in our PO. I think they all have to be as miserable and unhelpful and indifferent as possible to qualify for a job there. It seems to be general in all PO's throughout the country.

I went to the PO on my way to the hospital on Monday and stood for 5 minutes whilst the girl talked to the cleaner, totally ignoring me and I was the only person in the PO, I was quite patient but thought that she had exceeded the bounds of what I would tolerate when she took the parcel off me and then started to look at reams of paperwork that had just been brought to her by another employee of the same ilk. I did think it was time to remind her I was there. I quite feebly said, excuse me, I am in a hurry as I have an appointment at the hospital in Valencia...........she grunted and "kindly" processed my parcel.

BUT, I am so looking forward to our book-group starting that not even the poor unfortunates working in the PO can put me off.

I agree - I think if we decide now what book we're going to send, if there's any problems (i.e. anyone wishing to participate has already read it/doesn't want to read it again) then the book choice can be changed before we actually get round to sending them. Shall I repost with the title of the book I'm going to send? :) xxx

please hun if you don't mind i can't find it

tinkerbellsmum - Breath of Magic Teresa Medeiros
fillymum - The Full Cupboard of Life (Alexander McCall Smith)
RubyMoss - Of Love and Other Demons (Gabriel Garcia Marquez)
freshstartnewme
Mel2
mutts
Losc2522

Last edited:
The Full Cupboard of life by Alexander McCall Smith. Winner of the Saga Award for wit.

He wrote The number 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

Back