Changes in you

jerricebenton

Silver Member
Apart from the obvious weight loss, what changes have you seen in yourself since you started on your SW journey?

A few things I have noticed so far is that I no longer need a wee nap when my toddler does! I used to always be tired & lethargic, and now I feel more awake & energetic.

Also, my hair is shinier, and I can see a hint of cheekbones!

And also, this isnt a chnage in me but in my family. I see my children & partner making better choices for their snacks & meals now, even though they arent doing SW.

So, what are yours?

I don't feel guilty any more all the time about food. Now, I say to myself, yes, you ate lots. But you CAN. I might even eat "naughty" things but I know now I'm not going to do that seven days a week so there's no need to panic/feel like a fat failure.
It has also incresed my confidence in my personality.....I KNOW I am a determined person now. And others (especially my OH) think so too and say they admire me for my strength:D

The biggest change in me has to be my CONFIDENCE!!!!! When I was at my heaviest I would hardly go out! Hubby can't keep me in now, he says he has to "make an appointment" to see me! lol

I feel brilliant! My grandchildren have all said that I look and act younger too, which can't be bad!

Life IS good

Just like Jacky said, with every pound I lose I seem to be getting more and more confident!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Scouzer. X

After the birth of my 11lb baby i sort of gave up my self and my appearence and threw myself into motherhood. Now i feel like im starting to feel like the old me. I can be sexy and not just mumsy, i can be confident and wear trendy clothes. Although ill never be 100% happy with my body as i have a massive overhang of loose skin over my c-section scar, i feel 10 times better than i did this time last year. I was always in baggy clothes but last weekend me and dp went to a fancy dress party as sandy and danny from grease and i wore skin tight leather leggings and a tiny skin tight vest with shoelace straps! I did feel very self conscious at first but then the compliments started rolling in and somebosy even said they couldnt believe i had a baby and looked fantastic, which was amazing!!

Also, one thing thats changed is that now i know i CAN stick to a diet! before slimming world i would last about 3 days - a week tops on any sort of diet or fitness programme! But nearly 6 months and im still here, yes i have my days off where life gets in the way sometimes, but i know i can easily get back on plan and enjoy some of my favourite foods easily.

Definitely have more confidence and Im happy with myself.
I also take more pride in my appearance and even venture to occasionally wear makeup! I used to always wear black and never have any makeup on.

Not sure if this is the type of change that you mean but I am looking forward to being able to sit with my legs crossed (in a ladylike fashion) :) ........ I lost 5 stone many years ago and this is one fond memory that I know I will be able to do again with comfort when I lose more weight :)

When I did SW properly last year I had pains in my right knee - they went within 2 weeks of starting the plan.

I can also remember wittering on here like an idiot in about February time of being excited that I could cross my fingers without struggling!

Me too SuePat .... I joined SW on 21st Oct and my knees were giving me trouble but not anymore I can run up the stairs no problem now :)

I've been having terrible trouble with my knees for the past few weeks. My right especially. I'm finding going down stairs extremely painful although strangely going up is fine. I daren't go to the doctors because he's bound to just say it's because of my weight (which I know it is). I'm nearly 3 weeks into my diet so fingers crossed they will improve soon as I can't go on popping ibuprofen like i am now!

I suffer from mild congenital fusion of the spine and as such used to have lots of back pain, this has eased quite a bit now and I no longer need to take the pills I used to. However I'm now suffering from pain in my other joints and wonder if the pain killers for my back was masking it, hmm thinking about it, maybe I should see the Doc lol

My wife has lost quite a bit of weight too and she looks fantastic, I can't help telling her every day how sexy she looks, her confidence has really soared :)

I find myself concidering and sometimes even buying styles and colours of clothes i would have never before.

I do not feel self concious about people watching me when i eat out :)

I do not feel self concious about people watching me when i eat out :)

I hadn't thought of that. I hate eating out as I feel people are looking at me and commenting.

I remember a couple of weeks in to SW I went to Tesco and had a breakfast of mushrooms, scrambled egg and bacon and, grudgingly, some of my own bread I asked them to toast ;). As I walked to a table a workman remarked loudly on the fact it was no surprise I was the size I am eating like that. I knew I was totally on plan but it still made me want to curl up.

Thats awful. some people are so ignorant. *hugs*

- Also, i don't feel like the stick thin girls manning the changes rooms in stores are looking at the sizes i pick up and think i'm crazy and need a size bigger....

Feeling in control - there was a big in of Quality Street in the staffroom this week. Before I'd have gorged myself on them. This week I had 3 on wednesday because I had planned to and written them on my log first (write it before you bite it) as Wed is my last SW day of the week and had only used 60 syns.

And not always presuming that people are looking at me for negative reasons.

Being less angry with myself.

I love the increasing self confidence.
I am also loving the change in, not only my change in eating, but in the taste and types of food I eat.
I no longer enjoy rich and creamy food. The plainer the better. I don't even want gravy!
I really also don't want bread, crisps, chocolate or any of the things I gave up when I rejoined SW. I know I can have them all in moderation I but love not actually wanting them!
I used to drool over chocolates adverts on TV, and now they excite me about as much as adverts on car insurance, which is NIL!!
I love SW!!

LA LA

I have confidance in sunshine..... (She sings more from sound of music!!)

I love the new confidance I have in myself not just in how I look but also in how I deal with people and situations.

My SWC is so posative so after 2 years some of it has rubbed off on me. I now live life every day and enjoy it not endure it.

I don't feel the need to have baggy clothes! I prefer to have something fitted to show off my emerging shape! (did I really say that?:rolleyes:)

Confidence is a biggy for me, I no longer care what people think as I know I can adjust my downfall and they can't :) Also having the confidence to wear things I used to feel uncomfy in, just brought a gorgeous dark blue strapless ball gown for a Christmas function and omg I didn't want to take it off. If I could wear it every day between now and the function I would :D

I can now see an hourglass shape forming which I love. Oh and compliments from people saying how good I'm doing/looking since loosing weight.

Wish the pain in my knee, back and hip would go away, I've even been told that weight loss may not even help that much as the probs will still be there.

Back