Changiing from Weight Watchers to Slimming World!

Care Bear xxx

on a slimming mission!
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else out there had switched from Weight watchers to Slimming World?

Basically, I lost 7 stone last year on Sllimming World (so I know that it does work!) then I put a stone back on, tried weight watchers and lost a further 2 stone, but that last stone or so is being very pesky and stubborn indeed!

Im thinking of going back to slimming world, but Im worried that Ill put on weight as my portions will be bigger than they were on weight watchers (i mean come on, 60g of pasta is 6 points - its teeeeeeeny!!! hmm, maybe thats why im overweight!?!) :p

I just wondered if any of you other lovelies had done the same and if you had noticed that initially you put on weight after switching?!

Please help :(

Gem xxxx

Sorry I cant really comment on WW as I have never done that. Didnt appeal to me to be honest as lots of people I know say they are always hungry on it, and I dont do hunger. Come back to S W, lots of lovely food, and its easy to follow the plans. You also have 3 plans to chose from, not just the ee that they promote. And you will have lots of support on here. For me S W is definately the way to go!

Hiya, Thanks for your post. I know slimming world is awesome, I cant rate it highly enough - I just wondered if anyone had experienced weight gain when switching from Weight Watchers to Slimming world. I want to come back to SW, just dont want to start off on a bad foot by putting lbs on! :)

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone else out there had switched from Weight watchers to Slimming World?

Basically, I lost 7 stone last year on Sllimming World (so I know that it does work!) then I put a stone back on, tried weight watchers and lost a further 2 stone, but that last stone or so is being very pesky and stubborn indeed!

Im thinking of going back to slimming world, but Im worried that Ill put on weight as my portions will be bigger than they were on weight watchers (i mean come on, 60g of pasta is 6 points - its teeeeeeeny!!! hmm, maybe thats why im overweight!?!) :p

I just wondered if any of you other lovelies had done the same and if you had noticed that initially you put on weight after switching?!

Please help :(

Gem xxxx

Hi,

I did weight watchers from home (didnt attend any meetings) from january. I lost 2st 7lb but i started to get bored and impatient as my weight loss slowed down.

I got a bit impatient as i wanted the last stone and a bit off before my hols in september messed around with a few diets slim and save, dukan ect and only ever lasted a few days then managed to out 5lb on before i went away.

I decided when i got back i would join a group. I just used to eat rubbish on ww. I would avoid things like jacket potatos and keep my points for crisps so not ideal. I've done a week so far on slimming world, i went over my syns by about 5 every day but still managed to loose 2.5lb.

Which made me think imagine how much i might have lost if i had stuck to it 100%! Give it a try you could always go back to ww if you didnt like it.

Well done on your weight loss so far! You've done amazing! x

p.s i dont think you will gain, ww is good for teaching you how important portion control is!

Brilliant - Thanks for that! I was just looking for reassurance that the change in diets wouldnt result in major weight gain! I know what you mean about Weight Watchers - I found i was eating like 3 bags of quavers a day, penguins and all sorts of 'rubbish' stuff - just because I was allowed! Which really isnt the healiest way at all, plus on SW you can fill up on good stuff and not feel the need to reach for the 2 ppoint pack of quavers, or the 2 point penguin!!! When I was on SW, not so much as a single crisp passed my lips! (exept the SW crisps that is... but still, theyre only potato so its all good!!)
Slimming world is much better for the winter (meat is always nice and filling and a massive Jacket Potato and beans goes down a treat!!) so I think im going to go back to slimming world on monday (i didnt attend classes last time i did it either - I did with Weight Watchers, but the lady was incredibly unhelpful so I dont see the point in classes anymore!) Thanks for your post! Watch this space! Im hoping to lost the last stone by Xmas! I know its a tough ask, but at leat its something to aim for!! :)
Oh and well done with your current weight loss - Keep up the good work hun! xxx

Care Bear xxx said:
Brilliant - Thanks for that! I was just looking for reassurance that the change in diets wouldnt result in major weight gain! I know what you mean about Weight Watchers - I found i was eating like 3 bags of quavers a day, penguins and all sorts of 'rubbish' stuff - just because I was allowed! Which really isnt the healiest way at all, plus on SW you can fill up on good stuff and not feel the need to reach for the 2 ppoint pack of quavers, or the 2 point penguin!!! When I was on SW, not so much as a single crisp passed my lips! (exept the SW crisps that is... but still, theyre only potato so its all good!!)
Slimming world is much better for the winter (meat is always nice and filling and a massive Jacket Potato and beans goes down a treat!!) so I think im going to go back to slimming world on monday (i didnt attend classes last time i did it either - I did with Weight Watchers, but the lady was incredibly unhelpful so I dont see the point in classes anymore!) Thanks for your post! Watch this space! Im hoping to lost the last stone by Xmas! I know its a tough ask, but at leat its something to aim for!! :)
Oh and well done with your current weight loss - Keep up the good work hun! xxx

Thanks! I want a stone off my xmas too!

We can do it ;) x

Good luck! I have tried WW before and totally agree - I found myself eating processed rubbish all the time because of the points system. I started SW last Weds but couldn't start until Sunday due to big shop day issues! I haven't even craved any snacks at all as I've been filling up on super free and free food and it feels great. Lost 2.5lb in my WI last night and that's only from 4 days following plan. As you said before you know it works and it does sound like it would suit you better :)

2.5lbs?! Well done hun thats amazing!!!!!! Keep up the good work! Yep WW is weird, it sort of pushes you to make the wrong choices - I mean a cadburys crunchie is 5 points and a chicken breast is 6! How can that be good! I know you shouldnt, but you kinda get in te mind set that 2-3 packs of quavers is better than a chicken breast as it seems like more food! Its weird - Obviously it works, but i just think SW is better for a healthier approach!
Good luck with SW - keep us posted with the losses! 2.5lb...what a great start!!!! xx

Care Bear xxx said:
2.5lbs?! Well done hun thats amazing!!!!!! Keep up the good work! Yep WW is weird, it sort of pushes you to make the wrong choices - I mean a cadburys crunchie is 5 points and a chicken breast is 6! How can that be good! I know you shouldnt, but you kinda get in te mind set that 2-3 packs of quavers is better than a chicken breast as it seems like more food! Its weird - Obviously it works, but i just think SW is better for a healthier approach!
Good luck with SW - keep us posted with the losses! 2.5lb...what a great start!!!! xx

This is why I've changed from calorie counting to slimming world I was put off healthier foods because that meant I can fit in a pack of crisps or something like that. I'm in the same situation as you hoping I don't gain - ill find out Sunday! But i figure that my body will adjust and I will loose weight eventually. What matters is that I'm eating better and enjoying it more no matter how long the weight takes to come off! Good luck and let us know how you get on in your first week xx

A chicken breast is higher in pp than a crunchie??! That is insane!!
Welcome back to SW!! Xx
Yup - and basically - A McDonalds big mac is 13 points, which is the same points value as a healthy cooked chicken breast, a 50g jacket potato and a spoonful of peas! just doesnt make sense! but hey - I know you are meant to make the right choices for yourself, and theyre not saying its good to eat a big mac, but it just easier and less hassle and it still the same points - so you kinda think its ok!
I think im going to enjoy going back to the healthier way of eating!
Georgi, I know what you mean, Id much rather have the bag of quavers and a penguin as its only 4 points I dont really think anything of it....even though i know its not the healthiest choice! and lets face it, were all in the same position because we have made unhealthy choices along the way...slimming world just seems to push you to make the right choice, so Im pretty adament that im going to stick to slimming world to get rid of that last pesky stone - and like you say, the bosy will catch up eventually, just got to persevere!!! I reeeeeeally want it off by xmas though so Im going to have to get my bum into gear and do it! Big shop tommorow then!!!!!
xx

My friends raved about the WW points system so I gave it a go earlier in the year but Ijust couldn't get on with it. In the past when I've dieted I've started to get panicky about eating because I'm worried I'll gain so I end up barely eating. SW suits me because the security of Super Free foods means I know I can snack if I want to, and I'll make the right choices!

I actually feel really healthy on SW - which is something I haven't really got with any other diet/eating plan in the past. I would say though, I keep my carbs to a minimum - although that's mostly to keep 1/3 of my plate Super Free - otherwise I'd be eating a small mountain of food! If I do have rice or pasta (once or twice a week) I tend to have exactly what the portion size on the packet is, just to be on the safe side. It's working well for me with 8lb off in the past 3 weeks - although my first week was slow at 0.5lb off but I was having rice/pasta most nights.

My friends raved about the WW points system so I gave it a go earlier in the year but Ijust couldn't get on with it. In the past when I've dieted I've started to get panicky about eating because I'm worried I'll gain so I end up barely eating. SW suits me because the security of Super Free foods means I know I can snack if I want to, and I'll make the right choices!

I actually feel really healthy on SW - which is something I haven't really got with any other diet/eating plan in the past. I would say though, I keep my carbs to a minimum - although that's mostly to keep 1/3 of my plate Super Free - otherwise I'd be eating a small mountain of food! If I do have rice or pasta (once or twice a week) I tend to have exactly what the portion size on the packet is, just to be on the safe side. It's working well for me with 8lb off in the past 3 weeks - although my first week was slow at 0.5lb off but I was having rice/pasta most nights.

Hiya! Well done with your weight loss so far little lady!!! *lbs in 3 weeks is fab fab fab!!! keep it up!!!!! I agree - I didnt get on with it and I got to the point i was eating like 3 packs of quavers and a penguin every day as standard! its just mental!!! SW is much more of a healthy way of living!! Ive got my Dad into it now as well so I can pop over and cook im nice SW meals too! :)

Hi I've always been a ww girl in the past but like you I felt I was misusing the points in a really unhealthy way so decided to give sw a try, it's my first weigh in tomorrow night and if I'm honest I don't know what to expect. I've certainly eaten ALOT more food than I would have on ww BUT I haven't had 1 bag of crisps or biscuits etc so that's got to be a good thing?!
Fingers crossed for weigh in!!!

Hiya! Well done with your weight loss so far little lady!!! *lbs in 3 weeks is fab fab fab!!! keep it up!!!!! I agree - I didnt get on with it and I got to the point i was eating like 3 packs of quavers and a penguin every day as standard! its just mental!!! SW is much more of a healthy way of living!! Ive got my Dad into it now as well so I can pop over and cook im nice SW meals too! :)

Your weight loss is incredible! Congratulations! I only wish I could convince my mum on to SW - she's the queen of the fad diet, particularly Atkins-type things, so she'll lose a stone and it'll creep back on fairly quickly - not that she's ever been terribly big. Even when I stopped doing SW last time I kept the weight off for 6 months without really consciously trying - I must have been making healthier choices by default. No giving up early this time though - I WILL get to target!

Hi I've always been a ww girl in the past but like you I felt I was misusing the points in a really unhealthy way so decided to give sw a try, it's my first weigh in tomorrow night and if I'm honest I don't know what to expect. I've certainly eaten ALOT more food than I would have on ww BUT I haven't had 1 bag of crisps or biscuits etc so that's got to be a good thing?!
Fingers crossed for weigh in!!!

Good work Lisa!! - 1st weigh ins are always the most daunting - and I know its weird going from WW to slimming world thinking "how can i possibly still lose weight and eat all this yummy food!!?" but - it definately does work! I dont know how tricky it is going from WW to slimming world for the 1st week in terms of weight loss, but i know it works eventually and I know my body will even itself out if i stick with it.....so thats what ill do!!! I know on WW you need to excercise some common sense, but sometimes you just cant help it!! We know what we should be choosing, but sometimes its easier to reach for a bag of crisps etc!!! Im the same, when on slimming world, i dont have crisps and what not, not just because i cant justify the syns, but because I relly dont need to!!!!!
Good luck at weigh in today - let me know how you got on!!!!! xx

Your weight loss is incredible! Congratulations! I only wish I could convince my mum on to SW - she's the queen of the fad diet, particularly Atkins-type things, so she'll lose a stone and it'll creep back on fairly quickly - not that she's ever been terribly big. Even when I stopped doing SW last time I kept the weight off for 6 months without really consciously trying - I must have been making healthier choices by default. No giving up early this time though - I WILL get to target!

:0 :) thanks heaps! People at work comment on it constantly because I do look VERY different to how i did a couple of years ago! (I pretend im ebarressed when they go on about how great i look now - but secretly inside im loving it!!!!!!!) My friend does the atkins and she loses a stone and then it goes back on within a couple of weeks of eating normally again! she wont try SW for some reason (even though red days are pretty much the same as atkins - only healthier and doesnt make your breath smell like a badger!!!!)
As for getting to target, of course you can do it!!!!!!! :) :) :) let me know how you get on at weigh in!!!! xx

:0 :) thanks heaps! People at work comment on it constantly because I do look VERY different to how i did a couple of years ago! (I pretend im ebarressed when they go on about how great i look now - but secretly inside im loving it!!!!!!!) My friend does the atkins and she loses a stone and then it goes back on within a couple of weeks of eating normally again! she wont try SW for some reason (even though red days are pretty much the same as atkins - only healthier and doesnt make your breath smell like a badger!!!!) As for getting to target, of course you can do it!!!!!!! :) :) :) let me know how you get on at weigh in!!!! xx

Haha that really made me chuckle!

You're welcome! 2.5lb off for me at weigh-in last night! That brings it to 11lb off in 5 weeks - I'm stunned! I'm going to up the exercise a bit this week in the hope that I might get a shiny 1 stone sticker next week, but I think that might be a little optimistic... No harm in trying!

Back