Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Friday 10th August - weigh in day!

Well I lost a magnificent 1lb today! Not bad, but I was hoping to continue my run of good losses and get 2lb off, which would have given me 1/2 stone loss in 3 weeks - alas t'was not to be.

Good news is I have now officially lost 1 stone! :thankyouthankyou:it should have taken me 6 weeks, not 6 months :eek: but Rome wasn't built in a day was it!?

So anyway I am having a day off of SW today - no good reason other than the fact that I decided that for every stone I lose I am going to have a day of eating what I damn well please. I know all you SW die harders would not approve because it is going against what SW stands for but still I am going to enjoy food I love and don't allow myself just for one day. So

B - Bacon Roll from the Trolley at work, it had rind on it and it had butter in the big white crusty roll - am I ashamed? No, but I do regret it a little, as nice as it was it was greasy and now my fingers and lips are slick!

L - Thai Bento Box from Scarlet Dot - a fab oriental fusion-y place in Spitalfields, near where I work.

D - Nandos 1/2 chicken with spicy rice and a portion of halloumi - washed down with a bottle of vino.

AHHHHH ...

Syns - 1,000,000.

Saturday 11th August

I am never usually on here over the weekends, so I am going to try and guess what I will be having for lunch over the weekend.

B - 3 egg mushroom and bacon omelette

L - Pasta in Sauce (1) with Salad

D - Pizza!!!! with salt and pepper wedges and salad - Using the wholemeal flour mix from tescos 75g (HEB+6) with ham, bacon, sausage (.5) peppers, tomatoes, mushroom, onions, puree, cheese (HEA), chorizo (25g= 2.5)

Sunday 12th August

B - Cheese and Onion 3 egg Omelette (HEA)

L - Ham roll (HEB) (3) for butter and scraping of English Mustard!

D - Roast Chicken Dinner - roast pots, broc, cauli, carrots, sweetcorn, cabbage, stuffing balls (1), pig in blanket (.5), gravy (3)

Syns - 7.5

Yay well done 1lb is better than nothing & congrats on losing the stone! I think you are dead right to treat yourself, I do it often enough with no good reason!!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

Wednesday 15th August

OK, so the weekend went well, I stayed on plan and did lots of body magic by way of decorating, exhausting! Then Monday came by and I majorly sucked in the food area! Yesterday I was better, although I had 2 flutes of prosecco and an extra HEB! So I jumped on the scales this morning for a mid week sneaky peek, and I am 4lb up on Friday! I am quite shocked by this, I was expecting 2lb up but not a ridiculous 4lb, we will see though I don't usually take too much stock in mid week weigh ins, in fact I only do that if I have been naughty. When I am 100% in the week then I usually wait the full 7 days.

So I am back in business, for today at least:

B - Melon (lots of it!) and Grapes

Snack - Peach

L - Ham and HM sundried toms (lots of them!) in a sandwich (HEB) (1) for tiny layer of ELF mayo and English Mustard, although it was barely 1 syn, I will still count it. A boiled egg, and a mug shot roast chicken

D - My 5 syn lasagne (HEA) (5) with a big salad

SYNS - 6

Ooohh prosecco, my fav!! I wouldn't worry too much about the 4lb, if you're 100% for the next few days with loads of fruit you should be fine! Do you have much decorating to do? We moved into our house 3 years ago and it was brand new. We had to choose everything - kitchen, fireplace, tiles, everything! I love all that kinda stuff though :)

Ooohh prosecco, my fav!! I wouldn't worry too much about the 4lb, if you're 100% for the next few days with loads of fruit you should be fine! Do you have much decorating to do? We moved into our house 3 years ago and it was brand new. We had to choose everything - kitchen, fireplace, tiles, everything! I love all that kinda stuff though :)

Yes, I am going to be optimistic about this. I have just rejoined Bannatynes. I have had another session on my foot today (torn part of my achilles, I now have ligament damage - all due to me not stretching out whilst going running!) the masseuse told me not to go running anytime soon, which is such a shame as I was really beginning to enjoy it. She told me to try swimming to build up my muscles and core - so I have joined Bannatynes - I like swimming and we have a really good fitness incentive at work, they give you £300 a year towards gym membership - which means for the usual fee of £45 per month, I only have to pay £20, which is great and a lot cheaper than a swim at my local swimming baths (and frankly a lot cleaner pool and changing room too!) plus when I am able to do more intensive things in the actual gym, like running on the treadmill, I can!

No, not much to go, just giving the flat a lick of paint, although I say that - its been bloody hard work, so far we have done the hallway and living room, next is the bedroom. We are unsure as to whether we are staying there for the duration so we don't want to spend too much money doing it up, but at the same time we need to spend some money on it as it was my flat and I have gone from having plenty of space to having crap everywhere since Mick moved in! Two people accumulate a lot of stuff over the years and to put it together in one flat has been tricky! We need to get a bit cleverer with storage space.

I have never had to do the whole shebang like you, I don't think I would be very good at it either, I don't have a particularly good eye for decor, nor do I have the patience... or the money come to think of it, I would rather spruce up the flat cheaply and go on holiday with the money!

Oh your poor foot!! Sounds so painful. Hope you feel better soon. I never run, just walk v fast with the dogs! I'm so lazy they have to pull me along sometimes. I did have membership for a gym last year but never used it! I was thinking about joining Curves when I get back to work. I think if I know that it's only gonna be 30 mins of structured workout I'll go!

Oh your poor foot!! Sounds so painful. Hope you feel better soon. I never run, just walk v fast with the dogs! I'm so lazy they have to pull me along sometimes. I did have membership for a gym last year but never used it! I was thinking about joining Curves when I get back to work. I think if I know that it's only gonna be 30 mins of structured workout I'll go!

I never thought I would like running, but I always watched joggers in awe - they made it look so easy and free... I was just starting to get how they felt when my heel went. I hope I use the gym more than I did the last year, I did waste £20 a month really! What are Curves?

Thursday 16th August

B - Hifi bar (HEB) and Melon

L - Went to the Slug & Lettuce and had chicken souvlaki, it was really lovely, two chicken kebabs with red onion and peppers, a small dish of houmous and a small dish of tzatziki and a tortilla wrap, not strictly SW but it was healthy enough....oh and I had a glass of Cava - it was really gross, but like I drank it like the trouper I am!

D - Going to dinner tonight, a steakhouse, so I will have steak and baked potato with salad or something like that.

SYNS - Not a clue

Last edited:
I'm going out for lunch today too!! I go with great intentions & always end up being bold. I can't resist temptation!!

Curves is a gym just for women, it is like a circuit of lots of different machines and you start at one for a few minutes and then move to the next, there are a few people there at the same time & you just keep moving round the circle until you're finished all of them. It's only a 30 min workout. Myself & one of my bridesmaids are gonna go for a trial in a few weeks when I'm back to work :)

I'm going out for lunch today too!! I go with great intentions & always end up being bold. I can't resist temptation!!

Curves is a gym just for women, it is like a circuit of lots of different machines and you start at one for a few minutes and then move to the next, there are a few people there at the same time & you just keep moving round the circle until you're finished all of them. It's only a 30 min workout. Myself & one of my bridesmaids are gonna go for a trial in a few weeks when I'm back to work :)

Oh I have amazing intentions, but once i see that menu and see what everyone else is eating I usually change my mind - I called it the "oh f!!k it" moment! Today I held restraint and stuck to my guns and had a healthy-ish meal, and although it was amazing and very tasty, it didn't stop me from drooling at the other girls foods burgers, tuna melts, southern fried chicken wraps - all of them had chips! GRRRRRR.

Curves sounds great. Sadly there is nothing like that near me. I have just picked up my membership card to Bannatynes - oh dear!!!!!

Have a good evening hon.

x

Aw well done on being good when you were out!! I wish I had your willpower. I'm off shopping for fruit AGAIN! Happy Friday!

Willpower schmillpower! I ended up going to Las Iguanas for dinner, my sister and I had a cocktail each, shares nacho starters and I had an amazing dish called Moqueca. It was a coconutty curry with seafood and probably the nicest thing I have eaten in a long time. I could defo make a SW friendly version.

Friday 17th - weigh in day!

1lb on! Which I am quite relieved about, given that my mid-week weigh in suggested I had gained a massive 4lbs!!!!

I started the day off well today, lunchtime took a massive dip, mid afternoon went even further down into a dip - tonight I am hoping to succeed - not hopeful though! I am going to go swimming tomorrow morning. At 10am Mick and I are going to Canterbury for the day and staying overnight in a hotel, this usually means a meal out and lots of boozing - which I plan to do. Sunday we are going to TGIs for my nephew's birthday, but by then I fully intend to be back on plan. I am going to go for a huge steak, jack pot and salad.

So food today (close your ears Slimming World God, this aint gonna be pretty)

B - Ham, just ham that was almost for the bin, plain ham straight from the packet, washed down with lots of water and a coffee.

L - A burrito - oh it was good! Filling was steak, rice, refried beans, lettuce, onions,(good so far) with sour cream and guacamole in a huge tortilla. I then had a marshmallow teacake thing, and a jaffa cake.

Snacks - this afternoon is ice cream day where our catering team come round selling mini tubs of haagen daaz (the bas!ards!) usually I say no, but today the strawberry cheesecake was calling me......

D - My version of Nandos and Spicy Rice and Salad, the question is, will I be taking the skin off the chicken........?

Tuesday 21st August

Hi. Well I have been off the radar since last week, we had a lovely weekend in Canterbury - but I have been off plan quite a bit, ending last night with a Big Mac Meal with extra 4 chicken nuggets! So I start afresh today:

B - Hifi Bar (HEB)

L - Pub lunch - Tuna Steak, Noodles and Stir Fry Veg. There wasn't much by way of dressing but I will guess around (2)

D - Bangers & Mash with veg and gravy (1.5) for sausages and (2) for gravy

image-4184773911.jpg

This was the dogs do dahs!!

Syns today - 5.5

Exercise - Swimming

Water - 2 litres

Last edited:
Hey, hope you don't mind me popping by..
I had a read through some of your latest posts & I can completely agree that a 'cheat day/night' is defo needed! :)
alot of people disagree however my WI is on a Wed & every Wed night me & my sisters would pie out on something we have wanted that week, so we get it out of our system & straight back on the plan the next day! It really does work :)
Congrats on the stone loss aswell! I look forward to chatting to you a little more. :)

Nichola.. :)

Hey, hope you don't mind me popping by..
I had a read through some of your latest posts & I can completely agree that a 'cheat day/night' is defo needed! :)
alot of people disagree however my WI is on a Wed & every Wed night me & my sisters would pie out on something we have wanted that week, so we get it out of our system & straight back on the plan the next day! It really does work :)
Congrats on the stone loss aswell! I look forward to chatting to you a little more. :)

Nichola.. :)

Hey there Nichola

Thanks for stopping by, I must say, what a beautiful girl you are! Lovely piccy on your Avatar. Do you have a food diary? If so, I will pop by and have a nose.

I totally agree, a cheat day/night is most definitely a good idea, I don't do it all the time, just when I need it. The trick is to just going for that one meal or one day and not letting it run into two / three days. Although I have been a naughty little minx this weekend - not a total over indulgant pig out, but just eating what I want. I was away this weekend in Canterbury and I wanted to enjoy it. I didn't go mad though. I don't really feel the need to anymore. SW is such a light hearted, easy to follow diet that I don't really feel like I am missing out on much - although every so often, I do go crazy and release my inner food beast (I call him The Kracken). You dont want to be around when he is around, its eat or be eaten!

Are you a newbie to SW or like me tried and tried a million times over the years?
x

Hi Charley, glad to hear you had a nice weekend. Mine was nice as well. Too nice :p ate everything in sight and put on 1lb at wi. I'm back at work next Thursday and can't wait to be back in my routine. I'm really going to try and up my water intake this week. I hardly drink water at all during the day. I've had no exercise at all the past few days, my boyfriend has been walking the dogs himself! I'm so lazy I need to get my ass in gear! Hope you've a lovely day :)

Back