Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Saturday 3rd November

Ok, I am going to record it all. I haven't really got a food plan today or tomorrow, I always know what the evening meal will be and I usually fill in the gaps as I go along. Tonight was going to be chicken stuffed with garlic cheese wrapped in bacon, but now we hVe been invited round my parents for a BBQ and bonny in their garden. So I will need to make a burger for myself, buy some BGTY sausages and save my HEB for a roll! Saving my HEB on the weekend is always difficult for me as I love a 'fry up' with toast. However I am going to do the following instead:

B - Yoo yog and fruit (2)

L - Aldis mussels (2.5) with some pasta, mushrooms and onion - it was sensational (HEB) for petit pain

image-5219256.jpg

image-2226713923.jpg

D - BBQ - burger (6) for WM bun, sausage (2), 1/2 a jacket potato (3) for butter and chilli (free)

Syns - 15.5

WISH ME LUCK!

Last edited:
Good Luck for tonight, stay strong!

Why don't you do some skewers of veggies to have on the BBQ to fill you up, or some corn on the cob?

I always find social occasions hard, we're seeing my family today and know there's going to be lots of sitting round eating involved which I'll find hard trying to do this!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Charley, sounds like you've got it all planned for BBQ tonight, you can do this.. If you're tempted by anything remember you'll need to come back on here and confess to all of us! If you're tempted by sweet stuff why don't you syn a banana with chocolate buttons cooked on BBQ mmm and surely can't be too many syns compared to normal desserts x

Sunday 4th November

Well last night (Saturday night) was very good. Food wise, I was an angel, although I did drink quite a bit of red wine!!

Sunday I was a good girl, having spent tons of money shopping in Ikea and Paul Simon, we spent the entire day erecting our new furniture (good body magic!) :

B&L - Fry Up - 2 LMc saus, 2 egg, 2 bacon, beans, mushroom and some sauteed leftover potato and toast (HEB) (2) for butter (1) for ketchup

Tea - My Nandos - quarter chicken (skin off!) with 2 min spicy rice (2.5) and salad (2) for piri piri and (2) for salad cream.

Syns - 9.5

Monday 5th November

(sneaky post weekend weigh in - totally unofficial, 2lbs off, please let this be the start of a good loss this week)

B - 2 LMc Saus, onion marmie, l cow triangle (part HEA), wholemeal roll (HEB)

L - tomato soup, Chicken and cous cous Salad (1) for salad cream

D - Beef Panang (5) (part HEA) with rice and roasted broc/cauli

Snacks - banana, apple, yoo yog (2)

Syns - 8

Water - 2 litres

Last edited:
Tuesday 6th November

Well Tuesday started well, then went hideously wrong at about 12:30pm!

B - Bacon Roll (HEB) + (2) for butter

L - Chicken Katsu Salad from Wasabi - I have no idea on syns, but it was really tasty

After lunch - someone at work had made homemade millionaire shortbread for her birthday, it was the most heavely looking thing and I couldn't resist, I had two small pieces, they were amazing but so so naughty. They are all gone now (as are the Konditor & Cook cakes from someone else's birthday). There are only leftover Halloween chocs left and I have resisted those so far this week.

D - Nandos - Half chicken (skin on I am afraid) and Spicy Rice (2.5) with tomato and onion salad and a portion of hallmoui (2 slices = HEA tweak!)

SYNS - 2 million(aire shortbread)

I am not doing very well again am i?!

Wednesday 7th November

I am determined to be a better person from today onwards - I am a strong confident woman (with the sh!te willpower)!

B - 2 LMc Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages, WW petit pain (HEB - I love these bad boys) with L Cow Light triangle (1) and baked beans

L - Roasted Veg Pasta (FREE)

image-4031012668.jpg

Snacks - Yoo Yog (2), 2x apples, plum, satsuma, banana

D - Meatballs (sauce will be made up of onion, chillis garlic, courgette, peppers, mushroom)and Linguini with grated cheese (HEA)

Syns - 3

Water - 2 litres

Exercise - 10 mins with a hula hoop (the exercise, not the crisps!) and I plan on doing some free weights tonight.

Last edited:
That is looking better already. I wish I could do holla hoops again - used to be so good at it when I was little (million years ago). Happy Wednesday.

That is looking better already. I wish I could do holla hoops again - used to be so good at it when I was little (million years ago). Happy Wednesday.

Trust me Rosie, I am horrendous at hula hooping these days - when I was little I won hula hooping competitions, I was even in the local paper once (so was my mum separate to me years ago!) I remember I had a hula hoop that was candy striped and when it whizzed round a mint smell emanated from it! I was a force to be reckoned with with the hula hoop. Now I can barely get it to rotate once without it falling, but I read somewhere that in the beginning of hula hooping half the exercise is picking the f-ing thing back up off the floor - lots of squats! I will prevail though and I hope to become a hometown champ once again!!!

x

Hey Charlie, don't worry about the few bits you had today, as long as you're back on track now that's the main thing, pasta looked lovely, hope all's good with you x

Hi Charley where are you. Hope you had a good weekend and decorating is finished. Have a great day.

Afternoon Charley

Hope all is good

Hello Ladies :wave_cry:- I have been a little AWOL (a lot AWOL if I am being honest) for the last few days. I am having a "uck it time at the moment, a "why should I worry about my weight - I am happy the way I am" type thing at the moment, but in reality I do worry about my weight because it fluctuates oh so much, I did lose 2lbs last week, but I have been bad ever since and this morning on my post weekend unofficial weigh in, I have put on 4lbs since Friday! I know I know, mid week weigh ins don't count, but I also know that I haven't been very good. I haven't been very bad, but I haven't been SW - and as soon as I steer away from SW the weight piles on.

The long and bottom of it is I am not in the zone, I don't know what is going to take me back in the zone because clearly watching the numbers jump up on the scales every week is not making a blind bit of difference. I need to stop this dithering about and start getting back into it. I am out to dinner tomorrow night, we are out to a friends for a takeaway on Friday night, Saturday night we are out with friends and staying in a hotel for the night, its pretty hopeless at the moment. ... I will snap out of this soon, I usually do, and the thing is, its not even like I am miserable with it, I am not - I am so happy when I can eat with gay abandon!!!!!

hi there .....i have found this thread through searching around and i am quoting what u wrote .....

"why should I worry about my weight - I am happy the way I am" type thing at the moment, but in reality I do worry about my weight because it fluctuates ''

this is exactly how i am - it was almost reading a double of me - i am now 18st - 5lbs .....and was 17 st + a few weeks ago.....i adore my food.....but tonight i am re joining for the 5th !!! time ( i think -as ive lost count ) and will try and try again....i do have a med cruise booked for sept nxt yr and would love to get rid of my oversize knickers and baggy jumpers....and be in a slinky dress......i can but only give it another try.....chat soon

Monday 12th November

I had one of those "draw a line under the last couple of weeks" moment this morning, which left me at about 1:30pm, when I ate my first little choccy from Switzerland that my colleague bought back - I had 3 in total. I then picked at a fruit cake which another colleague bought in for his birthday, it wasn't a slice, just a gathering of crumbs (whats wrong with me I am like a scavenger!) I then went to our kitchen and a load of sandwiches and crisps were bought back from a meeting - I also ate a 1/4 of a sandwich, which I believe was pastrami, cheddar and gherkin. I also had about 4 or 5 crisps. This was all after my delicious healthy lunch and fruit..... things in my head are pretty screwed at the moment, dietwise - I am not in the zone, I am in contentsville - things are going really well with Mick and I and I feel like I don't need to worry about anything else. But of course I do, we both do - we both want to lose weight for our cruise which is in 15 weeks time - I wanted to lose three stone but as the weeks have counted down, I have done the same thing I usually do when I give myself a target to aim to - I fluff it up. I will get my head around it, but at the moment, my head is firmly jammed up my lazy a!se!

So food today:

B - 2 x LMc Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages and 1/2 tin of baked beans

L - The other 1/2 of the tin of baked beans and a jacket potato with HEA cheese followed by a large satsuma and a mango.

1:30pm - all the naughtiness I admitted to above - I now feel sick and need to pop downstairs to Boots for some Gaviscon! ???

D - Cold Chicken and Ham with bubble and squeak (3) for Branston Pickle (3) for stuffing balls

image-172320081.jpg

This was bloody handsome!

Syns - 7 + whatever the horrendous snacking was after lunch today.

Exercise - I am going to force myself to do some interval training when I get home.

Last edited:
awwww not too worry.... i too have been on the gaviscon today .....lets ditch the gavison chuck and sort this out once and for all....have a good day tomorrow :)

hi there .....i have found this thread through searching around and i am quoting what u wrote .....

"why should I worry about my weight - I am happy the way I am" type thing at the moment, but in reality I do worry about my weight because it fluctuates ''

this is exactly how i am - it was almost reading a double of me - i am now 18st - 5lbs .....and was 17 st + a few weeks ago.....i adore my food.....but tonight i am re joining for the 5th !!! time ( i think -as ive lost count ) and will try and try again....i do have a med cruise booked for sept nxt yr and would love to get rid of my oversize knickers and baggy jumpers....and be in a slinky dress......i can but only give it another try.....chat soon

Hello choc56! A girl (i am assuming!) after my own heart! Its hard isn't it? I am usually strong, I tell you when I get weak....when I have a good weight loss! I know it sounds daft, but I kind of celebrate and then can't stop! Its ridiculous isn't it?

Do you have a food diary? They are really useful to have and a great place to let off steam (please read mine from the beginning and you will see what I mean!), to moan and to get strong again - the ladies and gents on this forum are so so helpful and so many of them motivate me to be a better person, a more successful dieter and also a better and more confident cook.

Good luck Choc!

xx

Back