Charleybarley tries again - Jan 2013

Hey Charley welcome back and happy new year to you. I am sure you will get some weight off before going on your cruise. It sounds exciting. I like to go on a cruise - must seriously look into it later in the year. Just come on here and we help you to get there. Have a lovely day and be good.

Hi Charley it's great to see you back. Hope you had a lovely Xmas and New Year! X

Hi Charley

Nice to see you - good luck with dry January. XxxX

Hey you I'm so pleased you're back, I hardly had time to get on in December either and I applaud you on dry January, I couldn't do it!

You're right not to dwell on your weight, just pick yourself up and start afresh from now, even if you lose 1/2lb a week you'll still feel better on holiday, a little loss still makes the difference.

Hope you have a good weekend x

images.jpeg

Hey Charley! so I ain't te only one that is starting afresh!! :) I just have up back in September and now I'm absolutely gutted because I am nearly 1st heavier.. nightmare!
But in back on the wagon as from yesterday so everybody please help me to stay on it! haha :) x

Nichola.. :)

Hello Ladies

Thank you for the warm welcoming backs - I have been so busy catching up and lurking on other diaries, that I haven't been writing on my own! Well to be truthful, its a mixture of that, the fact that I am so so busy at work at the moment, and the huge fact that I put my mojo down and don't know where to find it! I have been a little off piste and I desperately want to get back, but I am totally out of sorts - I have nothing planned, I wander round the shops not knowing what to get, I am now on a countdown until my holiday and YOU WOULD THINK that that would be spurring me on, but no, I am not spurred. I have no get up and go, I am constantly tired and have run out of interest!

Saying all of that, I am not really down about it all, I am upbeat and looking forward to the cruise, I have just put my physical self on the back burner. It starts today, well probably tomorrow now - its not that I have been incredibly naughty, its just that I haven't really been trying. eg. Today I have had:

B - 1 egg, 1 slice of WM bread (HEB) and a LCow Light
L - BBQ Brisket Salad from Flying Burrito - this is basically all the innards of a burrito, minus the rice so, brisket beef (which is delish), lettuce, toms, onions, soured cream, guacamole, a small amount of grated cheese, beans, all on a load of lettuce (not SW friendly, but not too too bad)
D - Half a chicken with Nandos sauce and a salad - again, pretty darn good (skin semi-removed :whistle:)

Snacks - Greek Yog (full fat) with rasps and blueberries and granola and nuts (again, not naughty, but not SW), then I have had two chocolates, one with praline and one with a macademia nut. I have had an apple too.

Thats not great is it? But its also not SW.

The weekend wasn't great - Friday we had a chinese, I had duck chowmein, which was very fatty, so I removed all fat from the duck (not bad I hear you say) no, it was good - then I had an entire bag of prawn crackers with curry sauce!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday - I had Butterkist Popcorn for breakfast and a few chocs (cinema with my neice and nephew) - lunch was 2 white rolls with LF cheese and onion and branston followed by McCoys Cheese and Onion and a jammy doughnut (why!?), then in the evening we had enchiladas!

Sunday - 2 leftover enchiladas with salad and then I made a fantastic stew, which was SW friendly, but we had mash, which had too much butter than I would normally allow and also two yorkie puds.

So you see, I have not been doing my usual "fall off the wagon in a big way" thing, its more "mindless, eat what I like" type eating.

I am going to start tomorrow, counting and being good.

THE END

Tuesday 15th January

Well I started the day afresh. I plan on staying to plan today!

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA) = 1 syn for jam

L - Spicy Couscous = 1.5 syn and two apples and one satsuma

D - Prawn and Chicken Chowmein - Homemade = 4 for oyster sauce (1 tbsp) and chili sauce (1tbsp)

Snacks - Mango; 0% greek yog with honey = 2; I may have some homemade popcorn later after tea.

SYNS - 8.5

Well done Charley. I am proud of you.

Thanks Rosie, I am trying to take a leaf out of your good book! Although I haven't been around on my own diary very much I have been keeping in touch with all you ladies and your Will always amazing me. I wished I had some!

Well done Charley, are you getting your mojo back?

Hey Hells - mojo is slowly on the return. We had this woman come into work today to give a talk on Nutrition and Wellbeing - I am not sure why I went, I guess curiosity - but she told us the usual "government proven" way to live and basically told us to eat less, exercise more and use the plate ratio (ie one third veg, one third carbs, one third protein). I questioned her on what she thought of "diets" like WW, SW and RC - she didn't give them much time saying that I should just live by the government guidelines - well PAH to that!!

The one thing I did walk away with from that talk was that I need to exercise more (which is something I already knew) but I do have a sedentary job and a sedentary lifestyle. I spend most of my life sitting on my batty and I should do more when I can.

How are you ladies doing today?

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wednesday 16th Jan

Well today has been pretty good foodwise. Although I had a little non-scale misery or NSM for short, one of these days I will have a NSV!!! So I have been Miss Spendy-Spenderson lately. What with the cruise coming up I feel the urge to buy summer stuff which, in deepest darkest January is no easy task. I have bought a couple of bits in M&S (including a very nifty straw trilby hat which i will model later on) and hot footed it to eBay. Now measurement wise (this is a big deal for me as I hate admitting my weight and dress size) I am a 22/24ish on top and an 18 in elasticated waist trousers and a 20 in jeans. So I ordered size 20 in shorts. I ordered four pairs and none of them fit me!! I am gutted. I will not get a 22! So that was a bummer. What I have cleverly done is buy a cheap pair of jeans (£10 from asda) and cut them down. Job done!

So food today:

B - porridge (HEB and HEA) plus jam (2)

L - chicken pasta salad (1) for olives (1) for LF salad cream. 2 apples and a satsuma

D - Same as last night, except no chilli sauce so (2) for oyster sauce.

Snacks - popcorn out of a bag (4.5). May have some more later but the free sort made by my wonderful popcorn maker!

Syns - 10.5

Thanks Rosie, I am trying to take a leaf out of your good book! Although I haven't been around on my own diary very much I have been keeping in touch with all you ladies and your Will always amazing me. I wished I had some!
Charley you can do it too. You have done it before and had very good losses and can do it again. Sometimes, it is difficult to follow the plan if our head is not in the right place - Do not know how to expain it. It seems something clicks when we are ready and determination/will power is turned on. however, if the click does not happen no matter what action we take will not be right and we go off plan and can't stick with it. It took me a long time before I decided to stick to a plan and then once I saw the losses, I was determined to go on.

Back