Chat up lines. Do they actually work?

Maximus

Gold Member
Ok girlies, I figure they do sometimes work with some girls, other's treat them with the disdain they deserve.

I figure a good chat up line has to be a bit cheeky and quite funny and NOT vomit inducing.

My favourite one I've heard of is when the bloke produces a clean hankie (no bogies or chewing gum etc.) and asks the girl, "Does this smell of chloroform to you"?

At least it's clean;)

Most or either too corny (If i said you had a beautiful body....) or too rude (have you got a mirror in your knickers......)

I do like the old "Is that a ladder in your tights or a stairway to heaven?"

Observe the use of song titles.:p

Any more for any more?

I think the line has to suit the occasion and the person, a girl likes to laugh it induces the release of Serotonin and that means a good feeling transposed to the person responsible.
But the wrong line at the wrong time out of place and wrong person and a girl wants to spray mace in your face!

It's been a hundred years since I was chatted up or flirted with so I can't remember any!

Oh just to say the ones like how do you like your eggs in the morning, fertilised or unfertilised?
Do you lie on your front? In that case can I?
There just posturing and insulting, your saying that the girl is only there for sex!

Oh Stevie my sweet babe:nono:. I know your mumsie is ancient beyond belief and I know this will shock you, but even at my advanced age mumsie has fellas who fancy her:woohoo:. Young ones (well young to me)and some octogenarians too. You men never give up..........thank goodness. Flirting is such fun.:cupid:

Most men who are successful with the ladies do not need a chat up line. We just know when a chap is interested in us..........it is called chemistry darling child:bananalove:. You have a degree in chemistry believe me or is that parental pride speaking.

What works for me is the complimentary approach........... totally non sexist or threatening. Makes a girl feel safe and admired..............

hugs from mumsie :hug99:

For me, it's not the chat up line that gets me. It's the way it's said. Not sure if this entirely makes sense but basically if it can make me laugh, it's good. I'm a real sucker for a good sense of humour :)

I read the title of this as 'Chat lines, do they actually work'? I was going to say depends who you get on the end of the phone lol....but with most men it should...

I don't like chat up lines at all. I think that you need to get to know the person first...like just say hello and general chit chat then progress from that. You'll soon know if the recipient is interested or not...

Good Luck XXX

I can't remember the last time someone tried one on me tbh (or I just don't notice when they do)!!!

For some reason men just seem to think they can just grap my ar*e and thats enough (for the record, it is more likely to get you a slap than laid, & is not a good idea - but you knew that anyway as you are a gent :))

(for the record, it is more likely to get you a slap than laid, & is not a good idea - but you knew that anyway as you are a gent :))

Who told you he was a gent ???;)

bet it was him........:D

Oh the personal trainer at the gym got a hug from me, because he asked!
Paul says I was flirting, but all I did was swat him because he said something then mentioned his shoulder muscles were firm....that's not flirting is it??? Lol

Yes I did tell Paul the minute I got in, I don't keep secrets from him...except abt
My finances lol!

It's not really about what they say, it's more about the confidence the person exudes. I've been chatted up in random places like a park and I think that's pretty ballsy. If you are in a smoking area and someone asks you whether you have a light-that works. Or else asking what time it is. I know they're cliched but it gets a conversation going.. In general though, chat up lines are to be avoided, just be yourself! x

At a fancy dress party back in the day when I was young and slim, I was complimenting a bloke on his rather beautiful dress, to which he replied that my lipstick shade would suit it better before kissing me! Was very corny, but very sweet, and we ended up seeing a lot of each other ;) x

Oh Stevie my sweet babe:nono:. I know your mumsie is ancient beyond belief and I know this will shock you, but even at my advanced age mumsie has fellas who fancy her:woohoo:. Young ones (well young to me)and some octogenarians too. You men never give up..........thank goodness. Flirting is such fun.:cupid:

Most men who are successful with the ladies do not need a chat up line. We just know when a chap is interested in us..........it is called chemistry darling child:bananalove:. You have a degree in chemistry believe me or is that parental pride speaking.

What works for me is the complimentary approach........... totally non sexist or threatening. Makes a girl feel safe and admired..............

hugs from mumsie :hug99:

That's all well and good, Mumsie, but had I posted which chemistry is good, it would not have had many, if any replies and no good tales or humourous quips now would it?

I can't remember the last time someone tried one on me tbh (or I just don't notice when they do)!!!

For some reason men just seem to think they can just grap my ar*e and thats enough (for the record, it is more likely to get you a slap than laid, & is not a good idea - but you knew that anyway as you are a gent :))

See!

Case rested :cool:

I do believe they have their places and as mentioned it is all about context. Anyway, I'm too old for them - I was trying to help the young'uns out really:p

Steve

No no no! No chat up lines! :eek: Harmless flirting, yes ;) cheesy chat up lines (all chat up lines are cheesy!), no!

But that's probably just me...I have been told that I tut disapprovingly when somebody uses a chat up line on me (I don't even hear myself doing it! :eek:)

Chat up lines - nooooooooooooo!

They just make me cringe.

If a fella wanted to chat me up then i guess the best way would be to make eye contact and offer to buy me a drink! (if i am in a bar obviously!!!)

I dont get chatted up anymore :*(

No no no! No chat up lines! :eek: Harmless flirting, yes ;) cheesy chat up lines (all chat up lines are cheesy!), no!

But that's probably just me...I have been told that I tut disapprovingly when somebody uses a chat up line on me (I don't even hear myself doing it! :eek:)

Chat up lines - nooooooooooooo!

They just make me cringe.

If a fella wanted to chat me up then i guess the best way would be to make eye contact and offer to buy me a drink! (if i am in a bar obviously!!!)

I dont get chatted up anymore :*(

The boy might just learn now.......ah well better late than never.:D

I was disadvantaged though mumsie. I was brought u in the northeast. Anyone who has read The Viz or aware of the sublime seminal works of Sid The Sexist (aka Tyneside's Silver Tongued Cavalier) will know the bar was set very low.

Amazing how many of his "lines" are still used - and sadly often with success:eek:

Be your wonderful self with the ladies - you don't need chat up lines hun xxxx

The best chat up line I have ever heard was... I was going to use a chat up line to speak to you but you look so pretty that I thought you may get them used on you fairly often so I decided I would just come over and say hello... then he said hello my name is Carl whats yours

I dated him for a year so it worked ! :)

I was disadvantaged though mumsie. I was brought u in the northeast. Anyone who has read The Viz or aware of the sublime seminal works of Sid The Sexist (aka Tyneside's Silver Tongued Cavalier) will know the bar was set very low.

Amazing how many of his "lines" are still used - and sadly often with success:eek:

2 things I love in one entry.....the N.E. and Viz. We are the proud owners of the first 4 albums. We love the rude humour. Plus all Paul's family are from Sunderland and Newcastle even though he was brought up in Rhodesia.

Did I say 2 things I love, sorry amend that to 3. My baby boy Stevie is there:D too !!!

Be your wonderful self with the ladies - you don't need chat up lines hun xxxx

Hellooooooooooo:wavey:. So glad to see you and even happier that you are defending the boy !!!:)

The best chat up line I have ever heard was... I was going to use a chat up line to speak to you but you look so pretty that I thought you may get them used on you fairly often so I decided I would just come over and say hello... then he said hello my name is Carl whats yours

I dated him for a year so it worked ! :)

Love it !!!!

Back