CHeap recipes please peeps x

Tracie Green

Silver Member
hi all,

im soooo skint at the mo and need some ideas for dinners that require basic store cupboard ingredients, having to spent food money xmas pressies at the mo!! arrgg im sure im not the only one out there, so come on, share your secrets!! x

The Batchelors pasta and sauce makes a nice cheap meal if you mix in some tinned or frozen veggies into it. Same with the packet rice.

The Blue Dragon Chow Mein sauce is only about 40p and is lovely with noddles and mushrooms.

I know the feeling, i have spent a fortune already but somehow still have lots of presents still to get.

I always have pasta and tinned tomatoes garlic and onions to make a pasta and sauce. The tesco value tomato and onion packet of pasta and sauce is only 22p and free on green.
Sw chips, egg and beans or mushy peas. boil up some basmati rice with bovril as stock and mix with peppers , tinned sweetcorn and other veg of your choice for a sort of risotto.

ooo great thanx for that ive got 3 peppers, mushrooms, cheese, potatoes, pasta, no meat! no green week for me this week!! erm what else i got........rissoto roce, stock etc.. the rice idea is good thankyou x

Back