Cruise PP CHEEEESSSEE!!!

no1rangersgirl

Hi all, sorry to be going over old ground but I need your views!
With regards to cheese, I have always used the Low low grated cheese which is 7% fat and made from semi-skimmed milk. I have always understood that it is a tolerated item - stats are as follows:
Typical valuesPer 100g:
Energy1262.4kJ (302kcal)
Protein26g
Carbohydrate0.2g
(of which sugars0.2g)
Fat22g
(of which saturates13.6g)
Fibre0g
Sodium0.8g
Calcium
765mg

Last week I stumbled across a cheese called super light which is made from skimmed milk and the stats are as follows:
Typical valuesPer 100g:
Energy1170kJ / 280kcal
Protein30.3g
Carbohydrate0.1g
(of which sugars)0.1g
Fat16.8g
(of which saturates)1.3g
(of which monounsaturates)10.6g
(of which polyunsaturates)4.9g
Omega 31.6g
Cholesterol0.01g
Sodium0.49g
Potassium0.32g
Vitamin E4mg
Calcium909mg
FibreNil

Would anyone agree that this is the cheese of the future and could it be potentially eaten not as a tolerated item?

I LOVE CHEESE!!! haha

Unfortunately I don't think the fat content could ever be low enough for it to not be tolerated :( But I'd be so happy if someone else knew otherwise!! x

Errrrmmm - sorry oldie jumping right in, if I'm barking up the wrong tree then feel free to ignore me! I can't see how either of those can be a tolerated, they are 22% and 16% fat respectively? Am I missing something? I thought the only tolerated cheese (which as far as I know does not really exist here) was below 7% (ie less than 7g fat per 100g cheese, NOT PER PORTION/SERVING whatever the manufacturer choose to entice you with)

Anjuschka you are completely welcome to jump in and to be honest I got confused with that too. On the lowlow packaging, the nutrition traffic lights say that it is 7% fat. I only ever use it sparingly once in a blue moon but thought I would put it out there to see what everyone else thinks.
I will try and upload a photo later to see if anyone can decipher how it is worked out for me...

Hi all

I think the packaging on the Low Low says something like a serving of whatever amount is 7% of an adult's recommended daily amount.

Like Anjuschka said, those stats are still pretty high in fat, although the super light looks better if you need a cheese fix!

I have used this low low for around 8 weeks and have continued to loose weight. Would be really interested where you bought the lower fat cheese. I only have a small amount around twice a week and have treated as tolerated. Obviously if you use it and dont loose weight its not for you!

Like everything else with food, if you have still lost weight its likely that your body hasn't had anything else to compare it too LOL, becuase you have been eating it all along, if that makes sense. However, having been very confused about all the percentages at the start of the diet I talked to my clever parents, who pointed out that the percentage is of the 100. As normal,duh!!! dopey me. So per 100g would have to be 7g of fat in total......I've not found any that say less than 7g per 100g.

However, I know that beccs found a Rosemary Conley one and it says 5% on the packets, but not what the actual numbers are. Maybe she can put up the numbers for us, in fact I seem to think its somewhere on her diary.

Anjuschka you are completely welcome to jump in and to be honest I got confused with that too. On the lowlow packaging, the nutrition traffic lights say that it is 7% fat. I only ever use it sparingly once in a blue moon but thought I would put it out there to see what everyone else thinks.
I will try and upload a photo later to see if anyone can decipher how it is worked out for me...

Yes these stupid traffic lights are very confusing and always *per serving* so that's probably a 30g serving. If you are comparing different foods you always need to go back to the 'per 100 gr' breakdown... which is what you did when you posted the tables. And then the percentages on the traffic light only tell you how much of an adult daily recommended intake it makes (assuming a 2000cal total)

If you keep losing and it helps you to stay on the straight and narrow then of course go with it. It's only when people start complaining of stalls that you need to investigate more closely what exactly has been on the menu and how much.... After all, the idea of dukan was that the rules are simple. Only eat what is on the list, in any quantities (well nearly of course!). the addition of tolerateds and so on just made it more complicated, you need to remember that the teaspoon of cornflour in your muffin/bread is one tolerated, the Muller light is another and the smidgen of cheese / philly extra light is yet another... Lots of people get away with it (personally for example I always exceed the 250ml milk, but I don't think I have ever exceeded the 1kg/l total dairy) and that's great it's only when things don't go to plan that you need to reconsider.

Yes these stupid traffic lights are very confusing and always *per serving* so that's probably a 30g serving. If you are comparing different foods you always need to go back to the 'per 100 gr' breakdown... which is what you did when you posted the tables. And then the percentages on the traffic light only tell you how much of an adult daily recommended intake it makes (assuming a 2000cal total)

If you keep losing and it helps you to stay on the straight and narrow then of course go with it. It's only when people start complaining of stalls that you need to investigate more closely what exactly has been on the menu and how much.... After all, the idea of dukan was that the rules are simple. Only eat what is on the list, in any quantities (well nearly of course!). the addition of tolerateds and so on just made it more complicated, you need to remember that the teaspoon of cornflour in your muffin/bread is one tolerated, the Muller light is another and the smidgen of cheese / philly extra light is yet another... Lots of people get away with it (personally for example I always exceed the 250ml milk, but I don't think I have ever exceeded the 1kg/l total dairy) and that's great it's only when things don't go to plan that you need to reconsider.

Thats what i realised I was doing wrong last week with the tolerateds, but all in ignorance. I have a hot choc drink every day, thats 1. Then I would have rhubarb every day, on a PP days thats 2, then I might have turkey sausages to combine with the small portion of fish thats 3, then I would make some sponge with cornflour and thats 4.....I didn't realise the sausages were 1 or that the rhubarb was as well...

I don't know how much milk I have, but i do write down the numbers for all my dairy and i too have never exceeded the 1kg, I rarely get above 800g.

I didnt realise rhubarb was tolerated either. I have that most days

Its only a tolerated on PP days as its a veg. You can have 100g cooked. On PV days its ok and unlimited.

Back