cheeky question from a CD'er....

Daydreambeliever

Hello,
Greetings from the Cambridge Diet site... I have been inspired by everyone on all their VLCD journeys, and have just started mine on CD. I am into my second week and the euphoria of my first weigh in (11lbs!) has just worn off.
Could anyone here recommend a book or audio thing that could help inspire me psychologically? I have over 10 stone to lose, and all of a sudden the reality of that has hit me, and I don't quite know how to tackle it... my CDC is fantastic and I love her, however, her journey was not as long as mine, and I'm not sure if she understands...
I tried listening to Paul Mcenna(or however you spell his surname!) and 'woke up' when he started mentioning food and chewing-couldn't do it!!!;)
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks Lighter Lifers!! See you at the water filter!!:D xxx

Hi DDB - I can't reccomend any bokos or tapes as I don;t know any. I lost 10 stone, like you are after - I just wanted to lend support. ANd to tell you, it goes amazingly fast. It ma not seem it now, but at the end yu won't believe it. Stick to it - it will change your life!!!!

ALL GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!! :D

Thanks so much Blonde Logic,
You are one of my main inspirations-sorry to gush-but there it is!! I have to come to terms with the fact that my whole attitude towards food and eating is going to have to change forever if I want the weight to go and stay away forever. I am only in week 2-so I had better get used to these feelings popping up often!! Thanks very much for your words of support. Come visit CD site anytime!! x

Hi DDB - CBT for Dummies might be worth a look - I bought it to supplement the CBT support you get from LighterLife, and probably learnt as much from the book as I did the group - it certainly helped me change my relationship with food, and understand what made me overweight in the first place.

Oh - and GOOD LUCK with CD - I know it seems a long haul now, but I promise it goes by in a flash - I can't believe I was a size 22 in March, and have been a size 12 now since August :)

Thanks so much Blonde Logic,
You are one of my main inspirations-sorry to gush-but there it is!! I have to come to terms with the fact that my whole attitude towards food and eating is going to have to change forever if I want the weight to go and stay away forever. I am only in week 2-so I had better get used to these feelings popping up often!! Thanks very much for your words of support. Come visit CD site anytime!! x

Awww, thanks honey. I always say, if I can help one person, in any way - then its doubley worth it. :)

Addressing our relationship with food is key. ANd its a long process....I am STILL learning, and imagine I always will be. Its hard work - but the most satisfying ever....doing something for ourselves, that we have only dreamt of, and always thought was for everyone else - and then doing it - well, it is a dream come true.

You come around here anytime too!! :)

As someone here said, and it is a great quote -(wish I could remember whos o I coudl credit them properly) "We are all going to the same station, just on different trains" :)

GO for it - grab your gold ring!

xxx

marissa peer's book has a cd with it - i really like it, def worth a try
daisy x

Back