Cheese cake

deltaz03

Hi all

Just wondered if anyone had a receipe for cheese cake? Thanks

Hiya, I know its not exactly a recipe, but the Greens Velvety Cheesecake mix that you can get in most supermarkets is surprisingly nice and only 3 points per 1/6 of the cake (which is a big slice!) that's based on using butter for the base, but if you use a lower fat spread I would think its at least, a bit healthier (not sure how you could re-calculate points)

My friend uses quark for cheesecake, i know its low in points but she's doing sw. I will get the recipe from her and try and point it for you.

x

LEMON CHEESECAKE Serves: 10
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 2 hours chilling
Freezing: recommended
Points per serving: 3
Total Points per recipe: 28.5
Calories per serving: 145
15 ginger nuts, crushed
55g (2oz) low-fat spread, melted
250g (9oz) Quark
250g (9oz) low-fat plain fromage frais
4 tablespoons lemon curd
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
1. Mix together the crushed ginger nuts and melted low-fat spread. Tip into a 23cm (9-inch) flan dish and spread out over the base, pressing down well. Chill for 15 minutes.
2. Beat together the Quark and fromage frais until blended, then add the lemon curd, lemon rind and lemon juice, mixing until smooth.
3. Pour the mixture over the biscuit base, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill until firm - about 2 hours.
Cook’s tips: make 10 individual portions in ramekins or pretty teacups. If you like, you can freeze them - they are delicious served partially frozen.
Variations: for a special touch, decorate with any of the following: sliced strawberries, lemon rind curls, blueberries or a sprig of redcurrants. A fine dusting of icing sugar is very pretty - half a teaspoon per plate will do. Add Points as necessary. Try using digestive biscuits instead of ginger nuts, and 55g (2oz) raspberries instead of lemon curd. Points per serving will be 2.5.

Thankyou so much for this! I've been craving cheesecake for a while. I'm going to pick up the core ingredients and maybe chance it by using vanilla flavouring in with the cheese mix, and toffee sauce on the top and re-work out the points.

I'll post my variation later tonight if anyone is interested :)

wooop doing this I should of read this thread coz now im craving cheese cake! ok time for distraction me thinks - mmmm cheese cake.

Greengirl said:
Hiya, I know its not exactly a recipe, but the Greens Velvety Cheesecake mix that you can get in most supermarkets is surprisingly nice and only 3 points per 1/6 of the cake (which is a big slice!) that's based on using butter for the base, but if you use a lower fat spread I would think its at least, a bit healthier (not sure how you could re-calculate points)

Hey I bought the greens velvety cheesecake mix and wen I was ready to prepare it I looked at the nutritional info and 1/6 of the cake is 6.5 points not 3 : (

I know it's not cheesecake but I have been crushing meringues into Onken fat free strawberry yoghurt and it is gorgeous - it's sweet and crunchy so takes away my sugary cravings while being fat free. I get mini meringues and the large pot of yoghurt, 450g and as im pouring it into a bowl, even though i have a third if feels like much more than a standard size yoghurt. Hope it helps.

Back