Cheese

ellierose988

Silver Member
Hi guys, just wondering about cheese (as you do).

In my book it says that the cheese amounts you can pick for HexB include 42g mozzarella, but it doesn't say anything about a reduced fat version? I know you can have 42g reduced fat cheddar as opposed to 28g of regular.

I made smash pizza today and bought a bag of Tesco grated low-fat mozzarella. I still used 42g just to be on the safe side, but just wondered if anyone knew if I could have more if it was reduced fat?

You can have 57g of Sainsbury GFY mozzarella or 8 President Light Mini Mozzarella balls but they are the only ones listed I'm afraid. it may be that others don't have enough calcium to count. So technically you would need to syn your cheese.

By the way you need to be careful with grated cheese as only Low Low grated is a HEa. SW say to syn other grated cheeses because they have too much flour in them (which is added to stop the pieces sticking together)

ah thanks very much for this, very helpful. I had no idea about the flour thing. Luckily I had some syns spare yesterday so I'm sure it was fine. Good to know for the future!

Im glad you asked this question, as i also wondered about reduced fat Mozerella, i use it in Spag Bol. Also does anyone know ( as my damn digital kitchen scales have died on me ) how much reduced fat cheddar would be size wise , if there is any way to tell, just until mine get replaced ?

Don't quote me on this, and I'd wait for a second opinion, but I reckon about the size of a tube of lipstick. I usually use 42g reduced fat cheddar and this is the closest thing I can think of size-wise!!

Im glad you asked this question, as i also wondered about reduced fat Mozerella, i use it in Spag Bol. Also does anyone know ( as my damn digital kitchen scales have died on me ) how much reduced fat cheddar would be size wise , if there is any way to tell, just until mine get replaced ?

I just compare it to the size of the packet, eg if I have a 250g packet 42g is about 1/6th of the size (250/42 = 5.95 so round up to 6)

Back