chick peas to peanuts help please

maxine uk

does anyone know how to cook chick peas to make "peanuts" and the syn values please
i was given a tin and wondered what to do with them apart from putting them in mondays raffle at wi :)

You can do loads with chick peas...
You can make falafel, onion bhajis, you can strain them and fry them lightly with spices until they are quite crispy, make a chick pea and pepper curry...They bulk out a stew too, they are used in a lot of Moroccan foods, so lamb stew with the chick peas and spices...loverrrrly

Hope you find something you like

Hil

I whizz them up in the food processor with garlic, lemon juice, cumin and black pepper and make a syn free hummus to have with veg sticks.

As for as the peanuts go, just spray them with fry light, add seasoning and spread on a tray in the oven until they are baked. Unfortunately this comes under the "food abuse" SW don't like it!!

food abuse thats a new one on me, is it like making lasagne crisps if so im a certified food abuser :eek:

Yes exactly the same as the lasagne crisps. SW don't like it... sorry! :(

I whizz them up in the food processor with garlic, lemon juice, cumin and black pepper and make a syn free hummus to have with veg sticks.

As for as the peanuts go, just spray them with fry light, add seasoning and spread on a tray in the oven until they are baked. Unfortunately this comes under the "food abuse" SW don't like it!!

How long do you cook them for & at what temp? I tried them once & they were like bullets :eek:

Chick peas are great in a vegetable casserole, or a curry.

Also in a salad, or with pasta. If you are having them cold, best to tip them out of the tin into a sieve and rinse them with hot water. Some of the tinned ones can be a bit gloopy.

Chick pea peanuts are great, my consultant always mentions them, so I dont know about them classing it as food abuse. spray with fry light, season with something - 5 spice is nice. and cook on a low heat. I keep checking them so that they arent like bullets.

I also make humous, - whizz up the chick peas and add a tub of quark and garlic to taste.

chick peas are free on green. try adding some free flavourings like jerk or cajun to the nuts. yum x

i cook them on 200 degrees for about 15-20 mins x

What are lasagne crisps?

I did a search on them yesterday. Some people boil lasagna sheets, break them up, spray them with frylight, season or flavour them and cook them in the oven. Someone else suggested that you can spray them with frylight and microwave them for 30 seconds. I had a little go at the microwave version yesterday and they turn out a little like doritos, but I didn't have any salt or flavouring to add to them.

i cut my lasagne sheet once they are boiled into squares and add a little fry light and lightly sprinkle with sea salt before cooking, i have also used onion salt but watch they dont burn,
ive never tried them in the microwave might have ago at that, thank you
i hope my question has help a few of us find a new snack :)

jaylou i made this today, its delish. thanks for sharing xx

Back