chicken recipes hi

jem3139

Silver Member
hi everyone I am looking for some inspiration ...I love chicken but am getting fed up with the same old recipes if amyone has a nice one they would like to share which is syn free or low in syns please feel free to post .....lets see how many recipes we can get .

Hey!

My boyfriend made an amazing tea the other night, I follow the EE plan and it was syn free.

We had jerk chicken skewers (the jerk seasoning from Schwartz, red and yellow pepper, onion, mushrooms), butternut squash wedges with a small amount of jerk seasoning on and a corn on the cob.....mmmmmm!

Hi Jem3139.
If you follow the link below to "Pete's recipe book" you will find several recipes using chicken!
Pete

Me and the OH only ever seem to eat chicken at the moment! We make homemade nandos with spicy rice (0.5 syns for marinade) diet coke chicken (free), fanta sweet and sour chicken (free) chicken madras (use tomatoes, puree, superfree veg, garlic madras powder, cumin and coriander for a syn free dish)
We also do chicken kievs and chicken nuggets using smash instead of bread crumbs :) I've read some nice ones of chicken kebabs and such too to try out

thanks everyone for all your ideas ....pete I have tried most of yours and they are great
............skullidlocks we dont have a nandos here in N.I (that I no of ) so I don't know what I would be making lol ......have done the diet coke/fanta/ curried chicken I just want something different if you know what I mean x

My apologies! Nando's is a restaurant that sells flamegrilled peri peri chicken and other lovely things. They now sell their sauces and marinades in the supermarket and are low in syns. I guess if you wanted to make something similar you would use peri peri seasoning which you can find in the herbs and spices section!

Mmm - how do you make your nandos with spicy rice Hun. Sounds yum x

I use Chicken fillets and grilled them in a grilling machine and lather some Hot Nando's sauce on them (0.5 syns per TBSP and tbh thats all you need as its spicy!) For the rice I mix cooked rice with some fried off diced onions and red peppers in Frylight. Then add a little bit fo Frylight, salt, pepper, garlic granules, parprika, chilli powder and cumin and keep adding til its as spicy as you want it. All free :) Then serve with a pitta for your HEX B and some SW chips. Making it tonight for a dinner party! x

I LOVE Madamelaminx's salt and pepper chicken and usually make a big pot of it then have it over a few days. Haven't tired of it yet and even make it into a spicy frittata.

Pete’s Saltaire Chicken

Another Chicken Recipe!

Pete’s Saltaire Chicken

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Chicken breast per person, cut into cubes (s) (ff)
1 red onion, finely chopped, (s) (sff)
1 Sweet pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Red pepper, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1tbsp Tomato Puree (s) (sff)
1tbsp Virgin olive (1Heb/2=1/2 Heb per person) Or (6syn/2=3syn per person)
2tbsp oregano
3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped (sff)
400g Chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)
Cajun seasoning
Salt & Pepper

Method

Cook the chicken sprinkled with Cajun seasoning in a hot frying pan until browned.
Remove & set aside.
In the frying pan add the olive oil & the garlic, cook until the garlic is infused, add the peppers & onion, cook for 5 mins.
Add the tomatoes, puree & oregano, mix well, put the browned chicken into the tomato, sauce and bring to the boil, cook for 20-30 mins until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Season to taste.
Serve with either vegetables or cooked rice.

Saltaire Chicken (Small).JPG

Hey!

My boyfriend made an amazing tea the other night, I follow the EE plan and it was syn free.

We had jerk chicken skewers (the jerk seasoning from Schwartz, red and yellow pepper, onion, mushrooms), butternut squash wedges with a small amount of jerk seasoning on and a corn on the cob.....mmmmmm!

yum!
Is the jerk seasoning free?

smartie831 said:
yum!
Is the jerk seasoning free?

Check if it has sugar in it some do those ones are syns

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back