children and slimming world

ellieflump

Hi, ive not been on here for a while but my 13 year old son would like to lose a few pounds of weight and I have decided to let him join me on slimming world, however I do it from home and dont go to groups, does anyone have any ideas what I could put in his lunch box for school lunches please? Im always putting in tuna pasta, cajun chicken pasta and sandwiches but hes getting a bit bored of them and I want to change it up a bit, he dosent eat veg and is fussy with fruit (i would like to change this but obviously it wont be over night) but other than that he eats anything. Many thanks in advance.

Hi there!
I don't do slimming world but saw your post pop up in the recent list on the main page and had a bit of a nosey.
My partner is exactly the same kind of fussy (if it's green, he wont lay a finger on it). However, I have tricked him into eating vegetables a few times in the past.
What I did is blend up all the healthy veg (green peppers, celery, onions, courgettes etc.) in a blender while adding water until it forms a sort of slurry, I'll then reduce this down with some tinned tomatos and seasoning to make a tomato sauce. As he also hates chunks, I whizzed it in the blender again until smooth.

I then used this sauce as a base to make enchiladas.

I've googled a quick Slimming World Enchilada recipe for you if your son would be interested in something like this for the lunchbox, provided he's got some napkins to save his school uniform :p

Slimming World Enchiladas

Back