Chocolate Banana Weetabix Cake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by BritMumInCanada, 11 September 2009.

1. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Well-Known Member

this is by far the most delicious low syn cake I have made. I am looking forward to have another slice after dinner tonight lol.

I made the chocolate weetabix cake which I found the recipe for on here I think, but it looked ever so sorry for itself when it came out of the microwave, so I decided to spice it up a little and viola, the chocolate banana weetabix cake was invented lol.
    Last edited: 15 November 2010
  2. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Hey Britmum, might give this a punt later, I haven't for the same reason as you - coffee = bleaurgh. How was it with the coffee?
  3. BritMumInCanada

no that was my thoughts as well, as I hate coffee type cakes. So I adapted the recipe ever so slightly, using a cup of very weak coffee and adding some vanilla essence.

Trust me you can taste NO coffee. It is really yummy.
  4. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Oh good good. Weetabix HEXb cake for me tonight then! Might stave off the Wispa Gold cravings i've had all damn day ha ha ha!

Edit: Oooh you know what i've got? Hazelnut flavoured coffee that someone gave me as a gift yonks ago. Maybe i'll crack it open finally!
  5. babybloo

babybloo Extra Easy Apparently...!

Oooh, might be having to give this a try. Looks delicious.
  6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Me vs Cake

I'm trying this tonight too :)
  7. BritMumInCanada

It's even nicer if you have 4 tablespoons of light squirt cream with it instead of the quark.

Makes it 4 syns for a quarter of the cake, but DEEEEE-licious lol
  8. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Well-Known Member

Presumably you can make this even lower in syns by having Weetabix as HEX B? Therefore (excl topping) it'd be 7 syns for whole thing?
  9. BritMumInCanada

yep you could use your HEb's stacey. I never have any HE's left by dinner time though lol
  10. *honey

*honey Well-Known Member

mmmmm, glad this thread was suggested at the bottom of the screen, seeing as its a year old.

sounds good, will def add this to the list to try
  11. Xassy

Xassy Well-Known Member

This looks delish!! :D Can I just clarify, (because I am stupid :eek:) without the topping, it's only 12 syns? AWESOME! I love your cakes. :)
  12. BritMumInCanada

yes 12 syns for entire cake :)
  13. danemi1

danemi1 Member

boo hoo - I looked for this recipe but nothing there - nada - no link - sniff sniff - anyone????
  14. Tatws

Tatws Well-Known Member

Last edited: 21 May 2011