Why have I gained in my first week?

gaw821

I'm feeling extremely upset and disheartened that despite really giving it my all, I gained in my first week on SW, whereas my friend lost 6lbs. I resisted every single delicious cake and chocolate bar in the office and was sat with my stupid cucumber slices and banana. My typical food diary has gone like this:
Breakfast: 40g oats (hexb) and 240ml milk (hexa) + 1tsp sugar
Lunch: vegetable soup (carrots, bnut squash, sw potato, onions and stock) - syn free plus speed veg
Dinner: Something with chicken but almost always syn free, maybe 1 or 2 syns if I had gravy
Snacks: Banana, cucumber, HB egg, clementines, hi-fi bar, maybe a yoghurt.

Where am I going wrong?? I have genuinely felt so hungry all week but have forced myself to eat some fruit instead.

Any advice is very gratefully received because at the moment, I'm thinking I would rather eat what I want and just stay the same, which is what the last 2 years have been!

Can you put down what you have eaten for the whole week? Would be easier to see why you have gained if that makes sense?

did u use your syns for the week. how many did you have. you may have not had enough generally i need to have at least 10 syns a day to loose weight Also make sure you drink loads. i too put on in my first week keep it up it will fall off in the end

Because you're eating a diet that's not designed for your metabolic make up. If Slimming World makes you fatter then you need to do a ketogenic diet with less than 30g net carbs a day and a lot more protein.

Because you're eating a diet that's not designed for your metabolic make up. If Slimming World makes you fatter then you need to do a ketogenic diet with less than 30g net carbs a day and a lot more protein.

We don't know what her 'diet' was before she started Slimming World. Some people do put on weight the first week.

Back