Christmas Lights

mechmanuk

johnboy
Just seen on the news that the major of chichester has decided not to put up there christmas lights due to there money situation and feel its unfair to the tax payer.

If only the goverment and the rest of the councils thought like him, now there calling him scrooge lmao. It dont matter what one does theres always someone stood behind you ready to shove the knife in.

Cancel christmas and save a fortune lol.

I'm a big fan of christmas and with christmas comes big spending, supporting many shops. If we don't spend any money we're just gonna end up in this situation forever.

I agree with the lights though, it is an unnecessary cost when there are cuts in just about every sector.

I think he is a scrooge. Im sorry but theres councils doing far worse and with this government making cuts left right and centre people are going to be miserable and spending less. Give the people something to smile about for a change!

Councils are in an impossible situation. The actual savings on Christmas lights are not likely to be all that much in the overall scheme of things, but it is a "visible" saving.

Have lots of bright lights and come next year when the Council might have to close the public library for one day a week, or cut back somewhere else, someone will definitely turn around and ask why they spent all the money on lights and electricity!

They really can't win.

Back