Chunky Dunking, taking the plunge and losing the flab!

There's plenty worse of than me so I'm not complaining. A close friend of Dai's died last Monday he was only 39 :( Very upsetting week mixed with wedding jobs getting ticked off the list. My head doesn't know what it's feeling from one minute to the next. You sound a lot happier though, work and Steve treating you better? xx

There's plenty worse of than me so I'm not complaining. A close friend of Dai's died last Monday he was only 39 :( Very upsetting week mixed with wedding jobs getting ticked off the list. My head doesn't know what it's feeling from one minute to the next. You sound a lot happier though, work and Steve treating you better? xx

Aw, I'm sorry Hun. Sad news.
Sounds like you need a break!

I'm feeling good about work ending soon (7-9 weeks depending on the end date, we're not sure if they'll put us on garden leave to do building work) and diet but I'm still in a weird time regarding the boy.
XxX

Very sad and it was so sudden too. His son turns 16 this week and it's him who I feel for the most. Bit odd having that news and then being excited because I've had my wedding invites and enjoyed sitting down and writing them all ready to be sent.

Fingers crossed you do get put on gardening leave, that's two more weeks you'll have to enjoy your new found focus. Men are sent to try us with their bizarre and frustrating ways xx

16? ****** that sucks. I know it feels bad but you shouldn't feel guilty for feeling happy too, it's sad and tragic but life doesn't stop for you.
XxX

So what else is news with you chicken? Is Doug still doing good? xx

So what else is news with you chicken? Is Doug still doing good? xx

Not much sadly, not getting on with Boy, or the in-laws! Doug is still really good thanks, no more fits (touch wood) and right as rain if a little attention seeking! I just can't wait to have some free time to exercise, I've made so many plans of what I'm going to do that I'm getting excited (sad I know!!)

How's wedmin going?
XxX

Not sad at all it's better to be on track and looking forward to exercise than seeing it as a chore. Keep going with it and you'll get to goal in no time. In laws are a tricky thing at the best of times but boy should start behaving! Why do they make it so easy to dislike them on times?

Wedmin is going well, invites have gone off, booze is being bought weekly for the shin dig and I'm always buying other bits to decorate the venue. Not sure how to broach the photos and social media issue with my future sister in laws though. Call me childish but I don't want Dai's ex wife nosing at photos of our big day and she's on both of their FB friends lists. I had to block her because she was looking at my page all the time. Bit pointless on her side as my profile is private anyway but when Megan said mammy always looks at it I blocked her stalking a$$! Don't think one of his sisters in particular is going to be pleased at the no photos on fb and Dai doesn't care either way so it's not like he will back me up xx

Call me childish but I don't want Dai's ex wife nosing at photos of our big day and she's on both of their FB friends lists. I had to block her because she was looking at my page all the time. Bit pointless on her side as my profile is private anyway but when Megan said mammy always looks at it I blocked her stalking a$$! Don't think one of his sisters in particular is going to be pleased at the no photos on fb and Dai doesn't care either way so it's not like he will back me up xx

Why was she looking? Odd! I'd not even bother putting them on FB, if anyone moans then screw 'em, it's your wedding, your pictures. You could always put ones up for them that only have them in, that way they're only sharing their own faces!
XxX

She is a very odd one. Didn't want him when they were together but since they split she tries to still be a part of his family. I'm more than happy for them to have photos of themselves anywhere they want to put them but I know my mum and sister hate having their photo taken just as much as I do although I'm going to have to suck it up that day haha Josh won't want his photos on FB either so that's a big part of it too. I know there are going to be loads of photos taken and I've bought a load of moustaches on sticks and things for people to use as props for photos I just don't want any of the bridal party and Josh put on unless it's me doing it. It's the only thing I'm likely to get Bridezilla about everything else has been so easy to plan xx

Morning!

100% day yesterday and 30DS done...well almost done, I had to stop before the end because I thought I was going to die, but aching today so must have done a good effort at least, it'll get better!

Breakfast: Banana and honey porridge (2)
Lunch: Tuna mayo sarnie (6 for the bread, 2 for the mayo)
Dinner: Avocado and chicken salad with olive oil (another 5 syns I think because I'm sure avocado isn't free)

Over syn limit but all good calories and I'm needing a lot of protein to get my legs to stop hurting.
Another attempt at 30DS tonight, hopefully all the way through, we'll see.
XxX

All sounding very positive.

I lost a measly 1/2lb at weigh-in last night, but I had been out for a meal late on Sunday, so I'm sure it's mostly timing.
And at least it's still a loss: making it 7 losing weeks in a row!

Loving this positive and focused streak you're on :) avocados aren't free but like you said it's all good healthy food and the avocado is full of nutrients. Well done on 30DS too. My attempt at exercise was watching the new series of BL lol xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ladies help!

I'm in over-thinking crisis mode. I'm achey all over, I was thinking of skipping exercise today and having a bubble bath instead, but I'm massively panicking that if I don't exercise I'll end up eating junk or not losing on Sunday. Pathetic hand holding needed!

If you're achey, a bath would do you vastly more good than more exercise would.
Make a deal with yourself that it's even more important for you to eat healthily on the days when you don't exercise, and then you can break yourself into it much more gently.
Running full-tilt at it, trying to exercise all hours of the day as well as eat 100% on plan, and then beating yourself up when you fail is a worse strategy in the long term.

If you eat on plan, and exercise some days, you WILL lose on Sunday!

If you're achey, a bath would do you vastly more good than more exercise would.
Make a deal with yourself that it's even more important for you to eat healthily on the days when you don't exercise, and then you can break yourself into it much more gently.
Running full-tilt at it, trying to exercise all hours of the day as well as eat 100% on plan, and then beating yourself up when you fail is a worse strategy in the long term.

If you eat on plan, and exercise some days, you WILL lose on Sunday!

I'm so bummed that I let it slip, I used to be able to do so much and now I'm struggling. I've got everything crossed for Sunday. Such a weird mental block when it comes to exercise and weight loss, the moment I can't exercise my brain goes "oh just have something naughty!"

That's the thing you have to put a stop to.
The best days you'll exercise AND eat healthily.
But on days you don't exercise you WILL eat healthily.
A mixture of days like that and you WILL lose weight.

But if it's all or nothing, then you'll have a couple of brilliant days, then fall off the wagon spectacularly!

Thanks Hun. I'm keeping on keeping on, just gotta cut myself some slack I guess. Will maybe try some light exercise (bike or crosstrainer) for 15 or so mins and then have a bubble bath, definitely can't manage Jillian tonight. Need to see the ache as a positive thing, means I worked hard and my body needs to heal.

I'm going to start upping the exercise after my next weigh in (assuming I will have achieved my new shiny sticker that day!)
I wanted to be sure that I was really back to losing even without the exercise, before I added the exercise back in.

Can't decide whether to try going back to swimming/gym before work, or to fit Jillian in in the evenings.

I'm going to start upping the exercise after my next weigh in (assuming I will have achieved my new shiny sticker that day!)
I wanted to be sure that I was really back to losing even without the exercise, before I added the exercise back in.

Can't decide whether to try going back to swimming/gym before work, or to fit Jillian in in the evenings.

I'll always back Jillian but I like quick results, think swimming is brilliant for weight loss but I just can't bring myself to go! What time do you have to be at work?

If you're aching then rest. I know it's hard overcoming old habits but more exercise will do more harm than good. You'll be raring to go tomorrow when you're not aching and you feel up to it. You're doing well sunday is gonna be a good day xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back