ClaireCat: trials and tribulations

Yes, dulcolax is my drug of choice too - only thing that really works - movicol is good but takes 2 or 3 days and tastes disgusting really.
Hope you shift something soon xxx

Mil-par!! I had a bottle of the stuff I didn't use from when I had my girlie op last year, I got a bottle before I went in and then the hospital gave me a bottle when I came out so I had one lurking in the cupboard - gave it to someone else in need of a good bowel movement!

Oooh... Not tried that Es!! Going on my shopping list! X

Well 2am this morning is when the magic happened. And when I say "magic" I mean "the building started to get evacuated" lol.

I lol, but I'm certainly not laughing, since I've only managed to get out the bathroom just now, and I'm seriously debating going back.

Also been throwing up aswell, but I think that's because I was going to physically burst and my stomach couldn't digest what was in it.

No way in hell I'm going to make work this morning, which will be the third time I've phoned in sick this year, and I'm fairly certain 2 of them have been diet related problems.

Seriously debating whether to continue with vlcd because this is definitly verging on being the final nail in the coffin for me.

On the plus side, I've lost 4lbs in the last 4 hours.

But i seriously can't cope with this again. I'm struggling to cope with this now. I could cry its so bad.

Oh bless you Claire! It truly is my worst nightmare hence my obsession around it... Keep drinking water and it will stop soon !! Hugs xxxx

Morning Claire, not good then :( hope you're a bit better by now

:( aw Claire you poor thing! all i have to say is no diet is worth you feeling like this! give your body a break and have a few Atkins days and then make your decision. i couldnt manage on S&S as you know! and since joining Atkins i just have felt amazing every day.

xxx

Hope you're feeling better now Claire :(
Read over your posts and looks like you seriously overdosed on the remedies... dulcolax and senna are very effective but take about 8 to 10 hours to work. Having both then milk of magnesia and prune juice on top must have made you feel really bad! If you feel bad still I would avoid milk products for a day and maybe do a couple of Atkins days. Get the water down and hope you're back on form tomorrow x

I hope you're feeling better today Claire - it's so unfair that the mindset is there and your body isn't playing ball. Definitely take a break and get yourself back to normal. xx

lol! Well from 2am - 1pm today I've been mostly in the bathroom. Then I managed to fall asleep and didnt wake up til 7pm when the OH came in from work!!! Missed my tesco delivery n everything! So its rebooked for tomorrow. Muppett.

So yeah, lost a whole day! lol! Probably wont get to sleep at all tonight now tho.

So I've lost about 4/5lbs since last night! And also, just to put the icing on the cake, I got my period about 3hours ago aswell! Fukn Woo!!! :p

Not sure what to do diet wise. I've eaten toast tonight. Do I go back on vlcd tomorrow? Or do I wait til next week to give my insides a break? Or do I just throw caution to the wind and try something else?

((hugs)) sounds like you have not been well poor thing. No advice i'm afraid as only you know your body
Hope you manage to feel better
Xxx

Well I'm glad you've made it out of the loo. I've taken senna and dulcolax together before with pretty dramatic effects. Didn't add prune juice into my mix tho ;) You poor thing! On the plus side you've had a good clear out and you should recover quickly now it's out of your system the meds lol). And weight loss is a plus, just make sure you drink loads of water to replace the fluid you've lost.
If I were you I'd get back on it tomorrow - it's not like an infection where you need to get over it but just the effect of the laxatives.
To prevent it happening again I find that taking a good tblspn of psyllium husk in water every morning keeps me from getting 'bunged up'. If I forget for a few days it doesn't do anything to shift it and have to pop a couple of senna, but okay as a preventative measure.
Hope you get some sleep x

Morning Claire... Hope today is settled and sorted ... Whatever you do decide I hope it works for you xx

Well, I'm at work. Stomach is still making the odd strange noise, but not been to the park today, so I'm sure thats a bonus. Although, I will now be paranoid and might keep track of my visits from now on!

I had a cup of tea this morning with my benefibre in it and had a cup of tea at work. Cant face anymore tea at the moment, which is really odd for me because I can live off the stuff! Struggling to finish my first half litre of water today aswell. I've gone straight back onto my vlcd today and had a caramel shake so far.

Just a bit paranoid.

And on a tmi note, my wonderful period which decided to grace myself with its presence last night, is one right heavy bast*rd!!! lol!

Back