Class or No Class?

Funky_Munky

Put the kettle on
I'd appreciate some feedback from everyone. At the moment I'm doing this alone from home. In the past when I have done classes (WW as well as SW), I have put unnecessary pressure on myself to lose a lot every week. Also when I went to SW I didn't like discussing when I had a gain. It's for these reasons as well as money I've not gone back to class this time around. I'm trying my best not to put too much pressure on myself and am trying not to weigh myself every week to avoid messing myself up in the head. BUT, since starting two weeks or so ago, I have had a few blips where I have gone off plan. I've not beaten myself up too much about them but after today I'm begining to wonder where is the line? I don't want to still be here in six months time not having lost anything. I need something to keep me on the straight and narrow. So I'm wondering about classes again. The money is not as huge an issue as my psychological ones. I just don't know what to do for the best at the moment.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm not sure if anyone does have any thoughts, do please feel free to add them. :sigh:

hi funky munky.
I dont think i could do it without class, although everyone is different. it deffinatly keeps me on track.
i dont know what your group was like but no-one is ever put in the spotlight when they have had a gain, they are normally praised for still staying to group, because we all know how hard it is when we have had a bad week. although if someone has had a gain and doesnt know why, they can get help from C. so it works both ways really.
Good luck with whatever you decide! xxx

hi funky munky.
I dont think i could do it without class, although everyone is different. it deffinatly keeps me on track.
i dont know what your group was like but no-one is ever put in the spotlight when they have had a gain, they are normally praised for still staying to group, because we all know how hard it is when we have had a bad week. although if someone has had a gain and doesnt know why, they can get help from C. so it works both ways really.
Good luck with whatever you decide! xxx

Thanks Lorna, the C was always really good about it, but it was more how I felt in myself. At the time I saw myself as a failure if I didn't lose. I do feel mentally stronger about my diet at the moment, but I'm worried putting myself in this environment might send me back to where I was. I sound like a right fruit cake!

Thanks Lorna, the C was always really good about it, but it was more how I felt in myself. At the time I saw myself as a failure if I didn't lose.
You HAVE to get yourself out of this mentality as it will only sabotage any attempt you make to lose weight. Please try to think of this as a new, healthier lifestyle. One you're going to take with you long after the weight has gone. Slimming World isn't just about the weight loss, its about making fantastic changes to the way you feel and act around food. You shouldn't feel guilty for eating anything & you most certainly shouldn't feel guilty if you STS or gain a 1lb.
I think maybe you should make a pact with yourself that whether you go to group or do it from home, you're going to stick to it 100% (or if you can't do that agree to a higher set number of syns per day) not to lose the weight but to be a healthier you. Losing the weight is an added bonus. That way gain, lose or STS it won't matter as you're doing this to be healthy! *hugs*

Back