Clothes on // Clothes off!

northernboi

OK, so I know the title of this thread sounds like it's going to be very dodgy... but I promise it really isn't!

I've lost over three stone, and I'm guessing I have about a stone to go - although I haven't completely decided when to stop and I'm not quite sure how to make that decision. I'm already in my healthy BMI.

I'm very happy now with the way I look with my clothes on. I look slim(ish) and pretty much everyone I know has noticed that I've lost weight and the difference it has made.

However, it's a completely different story with my clothes off. I don't look slim (not even ish!) and there are various 'problem areas' that still clearly need to be addressed.

I wouldn't, for example, even dream yet of going on a beach in only a pair of shorts. I also wouldn't, for example, wear tshirts yet because they 'cling' to the problem areas. I'm stuck with short sleeved shirts for quite a while!

So I have a problem. When you look at me with clothes on, I look like a normal slimish bloke with a normal body. However, when you take my clothes off, I most certainly don't look normal!

Does this happen often? Will it ever go normal or have I ruined it because I gained so much weight in the first place? Is anyone else in a similar position?

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts!

Cheers,
Ste
x

hi,just wanted to say well done on your loss and will watch what everyone says about your problem - as I too will have the same issue.
xx

Hi Ste, congratulations on your loss. Do you exercise? just wonder if that make tone up ur problem areas and boost ur confidence whilst weraing very little;)

I'm the same when I have lost weight

The emotional side of me gives myself grief and I feel I'll never be happy in the buff

The logical side of me thinks that maybe my brain hasn't caught up and accepted the slimmer me

Does that make sense?

Well done on the loss - fab stuff

xx

well done on your loss - you have done so well in such a short space of time.

i dont have any real advice i'm afraid - maybe exercise would help but i guess it depends how bad the problem is - if it is purely excess skin then no amount of exercise will cure that and i guess the only real sloution to that would be surgery. gulp.

rest assured you are not the only one with this problem. I have lost almost 2 stone after having two babies in 15mths (i think i have about 2 stone to go) and am really starting to see that i will be left with a lot of loose skin that weight loss wont cure. i am thinking i will need surgery on my stomach but will wait until i know my family is complete so i dont go messing it all up with another pregnancy! i have done a bit of research into it already!

having said all that I guess exercise will help as it will tone the muscle underneath any skin to give you more definition, tone and support.

sorry this isnt much help but agian well done - you must be so proud of yourself!

Hi well done! Maybe try losing a bit more and see if it improves your problem areas, or a session with a personal trainer might be able to advise you a one off session is about £35 then take it from there.

Thanks for all your posts folks.

I'm fortunate enough not to have any excess skin that I can see. I guess given I've got a stone or so to go that I can't rule out that possibility, but for the moment I'm okay I think. Fingers crossed.

My issue is 'lumps' of fat in bad places. Although my waist is quite slim (32/34), I have donut style middle that isn't very attractive. I also have fat around my chest that, although greatly diminished, is still there. And rather large thighs.

Yet, I have very skinny arms (lower and upper), tiny wrists and slim, womanly long legs from the knees down!

So I guess, for me, it's just a case of having the fat still there in all the wrong places, even though I've lost the weight.

Can exercise help with that? Or surgery?

I'm really stuck as to what to do....

i reckon exercise is the way to go why not go to the gym and tell them which areas u want to work on then they will advise u which will be ur best exercise

i reckon exercise is the way to go why not go to the gym and tell them which areas u want to work on then they will advise u which will be ur best exercise

I totally agree

xx

Gym definately sounds like a good plan hun so you can target specific areas. I would also say that we can become hypercritical of ourselves when we lose weight. I know that when I look in the mirror in the buff there are areas I still consider to be fat but I figure that generally no one else sees them and it looks okay with clothes on :D

xx

Hi congratulations on your weightloss, i agree with everyone else, i think you should exercise and see how it goes, you said you don't have any loose skin so maybe if you lose another half stone it may come off of your problem areas. But i do think exercise is defo the answer x

:DI was hoping I was joining a dodgy thread.. godammit!! Yes exercise is the answer.. and yes you are normal..

My bloke looks very tall and thin .. but naked he has a pot belly!!!

Well done on what you've achieved so far.

What you might want to remember is that there are always problem areas on everyone, and that's the bit that the excess fat goes from last. It's generally the stomach area in both men and women. My other half lost 3 stone last year and although he's only 13 stone at the most, he still has what he calls his paunch. He exercises regulary and it still won't go. He's never going to have a 6 pack unless he does some serious abs exercises, yet he has skinny arms and legs. This may be your natural shape. Another stone may well make a huge difference to the problem areas because that's the only place you have a bit of fat left to shift?

I'd give some toning exercise a try for definate, it's surprising what diffference a bit of toning can do.

Good luck!

Thanks for all your messages folks.

I was hoping to avoid the gym, but looks like I've got to give it a shot!

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

Cheers
Ste
x

Hi I just wanted to say bl**dy well done on losing all that weight. I've had treatments in a salon where they put pads on you and have found that to be of great help. Mine was mainly on my thights but they can put them on your tummy too. One 20 minute session is equivalent to 800 sit ups.

You can get a belt that does the same kind of job - or you can get them cheaply on ebay. They are an elasticated belt with conductor pads that you put gel on. It sends electric pulses to make your muscles tense and release. I used to have one and it really did work - you just have to sit/ walk around with it on for half an hour or so a day - obviously it only works on the tummy (can't put it anywhere else but I really did love mine)!!

Back