coconut crystals

endgame

Hi
Does anyone use Tiana coconut Nectar crystals?
They are very different but seem healthier than sugar substitutes. Anyone know how many syns per teaspoon?
Thanks for any info

you can calculate the syns on the website if you have the nutritional values - I'm googling this as I've never heard of it :)

you can calculate the syns on the website if you have the nutritional values - I'm googling this as I've never heard of it :)

Thanks for the quick reply Chomp.

I am doing SW from home so can't access website.

I bought it in Holland and Barrett if that helps your googling

If you send me the values or a pic of them off the packet I'll have a look for you?

I ran them through the calculator -

19 Syns per 100g on Extra Easy - so roughly 1 syn per 5g?

Thanks for the info. That is really helpful.
They are still synful yes and they kind of taste strange but they are low GI so don't raise insulin levels in the same way as sugar I guess. Once you get used to a wee sprinkle though they have their own charms as a sweetener. I like them myself.
Everything in moderation of course. Nice on rhubarb.

I have looked on Holland and Barrett's website and on the Tiana website and although there is mention of the coconut nectar being low GI, they don't give a GI index for it, or for the sugar that they are making from the nectar.

As far as I can see, it's sugar. OK, it's from a different source, but it's still sugar.

Oooo these sound nice.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post links, but if you google 'Glycemic index sweeteners' you should be able to find a list.

Back