cocopops choc and roll

staceyporter

does anyone know the syns for this cereal, or would it count as a healthy extra?

Nutrition information
Typical value per 100g
Energy- kJ1594- kcal377Protein (g)10Carbohydrates (g)75- sugars (g)26- starch (g)49Fat (g)2.5- saturates (g)0.7Fibre (g)7Sodium (g)0.15

definately will not count as a healthy extra, too much sugar and very little fibre.

for these type of items where there is no free food allowance, you can use the calculation 20 calories = 1 syn.

So you should be able to work that out by the weight of the bar.

oh right didn't realise it was a cereal. However it still wont be okay for a healthy extra.

There is a huge different in nutritional information between this cereal and shreddies. So not sure how you worked out there wasn't much difference.

Shreddies for instance has 9.9g of fibre per 100 grams, where as that cereal only has 7g.

Carbs of which is sugar in shreddies is 15.5g in 100g where as that cereal has a whopping 26g.

Sugar wise I was looking at fruit n fibre, which I have realised night be alot of natural sugars.
Typical values Per 100g
Energy 1546kJ
366kcal Protein 8.2g
Carbohydrate 68.4g
of which sugars 25.9t
Fat 6.6g
of which saturates 3.7g
Fibre 8.5g
Sodium 0.29g
equivalent as salt 0.7g

I am pretty sure it is only plain shreddies that can be used as a healthy extra.

To work out any cereal which isnt in the healthy extra list, you can use the calculation 20 calories = 1 syn, as there is no free food allowance.

N
I am pretty sure it is only plain shreddies that can be used as a healthy extra.
All shreddies cereals are counted it says in the food optimising book under healthy extras b choice.
To work out any cereal which isnt in the healthy extra list, you can use the calculation 20 calories = 1 syn, as there is no free food allowance.

Back