1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

cocopops choc and roll

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by staceyporter, 3 January 2011 Social URL.

1. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

does anyone know the syns for this cereal, or would it count as a healthy extra?

Nutrition information
    Typical value per 100g
    Energy- kJ1594- kcal377Protein (g)10Carbohydrates (g)75- sugars (g)26- starch (g)49Fat (g)2.5- saturates (g)0.7Fibre (g)7Sodium (g)0.15
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Slimming World
    definately will not count as a healthy extra, too much sugar and very little fibre.

for these type of items where there is no free food allowance, you can use the calculation 20 calories = 1 syn.

So you should be able to work that out by the weight of the bar.
  4. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

Okay thank you for your help, it's not a bar, I compare it to shreddies and fruit 'n' fibre and theres not much difference
  5. BritMumInCanada

Slimming World
    oh right didn't realise it was a cereal. However it still wont be okay for a healthy extra.

There is a huge different in nutritional information between this cereal and shreddies. So not sure how you worked out there wasn't much difference.

Shreddies for instance has 9.9g of fibre per 100 grams, where as that cereal only has 7g.

Carbs of which is sugar in shreddies is 15.5g in 100g where as that cereal has a whopping 26g.
  6. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

Sugar wise I was looking at fruit n fibre, which I have realised night be alot of natural sugars.
    Typical values Per 100g
    Energy 1546kJ
    366kcal Protein 8.2g
    Carbohydrate 68.4g
    of which sugars 25.9t
    Fat 6.6g
    of which saturates 3.7g
    Fibre 8.5g
    Sodium 0.29g
    equivalent as salt 0.7g
  7. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

Do you know if all varieties of shreddies are healthy extra? If not do you know the syns?
  8. BritMumInCanada

Slimming World
    I am pretty sure it is only plain shreddies that can be used as a healthy extra.

To work out any cereal which isnt in the healthy extra list, you can use the calculation 20 calories = 1 syn, as there is no free food allowance.
  9. staceyporter

staceyporter Full Member

Shame, it would be lovely
    Thank you for your help
  10. Crazychick86

Crazychick86 New Member

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.