1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Codeine Phosphate

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hel8, 7 April 2014 Social URL.

1. hel8

hel8 I'm just looking!

Hi everyone, just wondering if anybody takes this medication and has a slow weight loss, I only seem to manage a pound a week, which I am grateful for, but with a couple of stone to loose and being good most of the time, I was just wondering if this is holding me back abit. Helen :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Hiya
    I'm on medication at the moment and
    Not sure if it is effecting my weight loss but deffo my appetite. I don't eat as much I think and I'm still seeing a steady loss 1-2lb a week which was the norm before hand.
    I guess medication effects everyone differently though.
    Good luck on your weightless journey
    X

4. RebekahR

RebekahR Well-Known Member

No problem with it

It will slow you down bowel wise so increase Superfree to avoid any issues!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

5. hel8

hel8 I'm just looking!

Thanks, I guess I'm just a slow loser:)

6. lickthelid

lickthelid Lives here....

I took a codeine based painkiller for a short while and didn't lose that week and definitely had more trouble "going" than usual. I think it makes your system sluggish for some reason so plenty of water should help?

7. rm247

rm247 Well-Known Member

weirdly i have the opposite issue with codine, in that it was making me inspect the plumbing far more than i'm used to.

8. When I was a member of SW previously my consultant said that there isn't ANY medication that makes you put on weight, but there's plenty that increase/decrease appetite, cause constipation/water retention which could affect losses