Codeine Phosphate

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by hel8, 7 April 2014.

1. hel8

hel8 I'm just looking!

Hi everyone, just wondering if anybody takes this medication and has a slow weight loss, I only seem to manage a pound a week, which I am grateful for, but with a couple of stone to loose and being good most of the time, I was just wondering if this is holding me back abit. Helen :)
  2. Hiya
    I'm on medication at the moment and
    Not sure if it is effecting my weight loss but deffo my appetite. I don't eat as much I think and I'm still seeing a steady loss 1-2lb a week which was the norm before hand.
    I guess medication effects everyone differently though.
    Good luck on your weightless journey
  3. RebekahR

RebekahR Well-Known Member

No problem with it

It will slow you down bowel wise so increase Superfree to avoid any issues!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using mobile app
  4. hel8

hel8 I'm just looking!

Thanks, I guess I'm just a slow loser:)
  5. lickthelid

lickthelid Lives here....

I took a codeine based painkiller for a short while and didn't lose that week and definitely had more trouble "going" than usual. I think it makes your system sluggish for some reason so plenty of water should help?
  6. rm247

rm247 Well-Known Member

weirdly i have the opposite issue with codine, in that it was making me inspect the plumbing far more than i'm used to.
  7. When I was a member of SW previously my consultant said that there isn't ANY medication that makes you put on weight, but there's plenty that increase/decrease appetite, cause constipation/water retention which could affect losses