Coeliac & Slimming world

Hi Everyone just wondering if anyone out there is coeliac & doing Slimming world? I am joining on friday & looking for tips in relation to being Gluten free

Hi raindrop, I posted a reply on my thread but thought I would post one on yours too just to make sure you got it. I eventually joined SW online and there are loads of gluten free alternatives - the gf pasta etc is still 'free' and you can substitute gf bread for your healthy extra. Only disappointing thing I found was that there are no gf recipes on the website. Most main meals I think you can adapt but no cakes / biscuit / pudding recipes so would need to work out syns for anything like that unless they have more information at a class. I'll work up to that one - let me know how you get on.

Ill move this to SW section youll probably get more advice there than in here :)

Can't find this one on the SW forums and was wondering how raindrop got on and if there were any other coeliacs Anyone know how I can find it??

I follow SW and hubby is a Coeliac, and our main meals are always the same.

Hi ginlin, the main meals are not a problem, do u have any tips for low syn treats like home made cake or similar?

Unfortunately I don't, as I haven't got a sweet tooth, so hubby has shop bought cakes etc.

I have made a couple of the dessert recipes either from on here, or in the SW books that are based on either mullerlights or quark, and they are really good, plus he likes fruit in sugar free jelly, so that is always handy.

Hi I too am coeliac & have found that the SW plan really suits me very well. I follow the EE plan & have gluten free cereal as my HXB. I find that breakfast's are a bit challenging as a coeliac anyway & alternate between cereal and omlette (depending how much time I have). SW encourages lots of fruit, veg, lean meat & fish all of which suits my diet very well. I too could use some advice when it comes to puddings as the gluten free cakes you can get are not very slimmer friendly! I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with anything :eat:

Back