Coeliac & Slimming world

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by raindrop77, 27 July 2011 Social URL.

1. raindrop77

raindrop77 Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Everyone just wondering if anyone out there is coeliac & doing Slimming world? I am joining on friday & looking for tips in relation to being Gluten free

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Hi and welcome. Would your leader be able to advise you with this? Or their head office?

Good luck.

Irene xx

4. Alittlechunky

Alittlechunky Member

Hi raindrop, I posted a reply on my thread but thought I would post one on yours too just to make sure you got it. I eventually joined SW online and there are loads of gluten free alternatives - the gf pasta etc is still 'free' and you can substitute gf bread for your healthy extra. Only disappointing thing I found was that there are no gf recipes on the website. Most main meals I think you can adapt but no cakes / biscuit / pudding recipes so would need to work out syns for anything like that unless they have more information at a class. I'll work up to that one - let me know how you get on.

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ill move this to SW section youll probably get more advice there than in here :)

6. Alittlechunky

Alittlechunky Member

Can't find this one on the SW forums and was wondering how raindrop got on and if there were any other coeliacs Anyone know how I can find it??

7. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I follow SW and hubby is a Coeliac, and our main meals are always the same.

8. Alittlechunky

Alittlechunky Member

Hi ginlin, the main meals are not a problem, do u have any tips for low syn treats like home made cake or similar?

9. ginlin

ginlin Better to Drink your Syns

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.5lb(7%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Unfortunately I don't, as I haven't got a sweet tooth, so hubby has shop bought cakes etc.

I have made a couple of the dessert recipes either from on here, or in the SW books that are based on either mullerlights or quark, and they are really good, plus he likes fruit in sugar free jelly, so that is always handy.

10. Alittlechunky

Alittlechunky Member

Brilliant thanks. I'll have another look at the SW recipes to see what I can adapt

11. Bettypink

Bettypink Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi I too am coeliac & have found that the SW plan really suits me very well. I follow the EE plan & have gluten free cereal as my HXB. I find that breakfast's are a bit challenging as a coeliac anyway & alternate between cereal and omlette (depending how much time I have). SW encourages lots of fruit, veg, lean meat & fish all of which suits my diet very well. I too could use some advice when it comes to puddings as the gluten free cakes you can get are not very slimmer friendly! I will keep an eye on this thread to see if anyone comes up with anything :eat:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.