Coke Zero

HappyNoodles

Gold Member
Hey all,

Just wondering does anyone ever have the odd tipple of Coke Zero?
I need to recite the LT rules or bag scripting to me :D just a general wonderment :)

x

I don't, simply because it's not allowed. All we can have is what's written on the bag unfortunately :(

Thanks for the reply :)
I wonder why we can't though, considering it doesn't take you out of ketosis and has no carbs, cals etc?

Anyone any ideas?

I think it's because the whole point of the diet is to cleanse your palette and to change your way of thinking about food and changing your habits etc :) xx

Yeah that's what I'm wondering,
does it have no effect on weight loss?
Hmm curious now! :)

It'll knock you out of Ketosis and slow your weight loss down quite drastically. Its really not worth even a couple of sips until you get to refeed.

How you finding the diet?

Oh how will it knock you out of ketosis or slow weight loss?
Diet Coke knocks you out of ketosis but not Coke Zero, this is where my curiosity comes from! :p

You're doing great :D

Apparently it's because Diet Coke contains citric acid but Coke Zero doesn't, it has something else, malic acid? I think. No idea how these things work, there are probably posts on here with more information. I would suggest googling 'ketosis' you'll find lots of very useful information to help you understand the process and what it means to not only your body but also to your mind! I personally feel that LT is still a bit behind the times with it's products and it's rules! Nothing has changed since I did it in 1997 whereas other VLCD and TFR seem to offer rather more......regrettably LT is the only diet readily available here in Jersey but I am toying with Exante but the postage (over £20 for a months worth of products) is a bit prohibitive!

Hope this helps.....

Exactly Sandra!!
There's plenty of VCDLs that allow of different things like sugar free gum, etc so I'm wondering does anyone on here have any sneaky vices on it!
LT is defo behind the times compared to other VLCDs but far cheaper :)

im doing exante vlcd and ive read some people have coke zero and it doesnt affect ketosis or weight loss but not too much. you are doing lipotrim which is also a vlcd and they recommend sticking to whats on the bags if you want to do it 100% then i wouldnt touch it but if you do then i really dont think it will affect it by what ive heard.

I think the only sweet tastes allowed on LT are Vanilla Shake, Strawberry Shake & tablet form sweetner's, they don't allow granulated sweetner's and I think it's to do with the type of sugar.

I found the following on the internet:
"Coke Zero is sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium (ace-k) and has zero calories. The only chemical difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke is that Coke Zero has about half the aspartame but has more ace-k".

I've heard aspartame is a carcinogen and I also heard that the over sweet taste (compared to the Vanilla and Strawberry shakes) of these diet drinks stimulate the stomach acid as a result of this you feel more hungry and therefore harder to control your cravings.

This is what happens to me anyway when I've deviated off the LT program in anyway in the past. (Same goes for salt, which I was totally addicted to hence high blood pressure).
Suse

Hey Daisy how ya doing today?

I think the main reason it is SOOOOOO strict is A to cleanse your pallett and B To take temptation to cheat away.

I am sure the odd coke zero wouldn't hurt along with some of the other things that are used by other VLCD like water flavourings etc. I suppose its each to their own if it makes the diet a little easier and you still lose at the same rate then happy day.

Personally for me I NEED to change my whole relationship with food, I treat my shakes as medicine ( I dont like them). The trouble I always had with other diets is the temptation and /or opportunity to cheat the system But the system will only work if you don't cheat it (does that make sense) I Couln't stop at just the 1 off coke zero i dont have that kind of control....Not yet anyway. But thats just me.

But for the record I have a fridge full of coke zero (Marks drinks it by the gallon) I would like a nice chilled can now.....But i am going to show some self control. x

Hi Daisyhappy

When I get stuck I google the lipotrim website, there is a mini video thingamy on it and the guy on it explains all in his-o-so-stricto-voice...oooer!
This program was originally devised for obese folk in a clinical/hospital enviroment but now is available through participating pharmacies.
I'm just grateful we can get it, so I stick to it as if I was in a clinic. Gotta lose this weight, retrain my fatty, sugar palate and sort my head out once and for all about the food issue.
So when I'm goal weight and straight onto Slimming World or whatever to maintain I'll have the diet Coke...mmm..or will I, all that aspartime etc...can't be good?
Just a thought. :confused:

It'll knock you out of Ketosis and slow your weight loss down quite drastically.

It wont actually do either of those. Coke Zero unlike Diet Coke has no citric acid so it wont knock you out of ketosis. Even if you were knocked out of ketosis temporarily your weight loss wont slow down.

Im not saying anyone should drink it before I get shouted at ;) just pointing out that it wont affect ketosis or weight loss

Ah, I stand corrected then lol. I thought it would but hey, you learn something new each day :D xx

yeah but still id say try as much as possible to stick to it 100% who wants unhealthy aspartame filled coke lol water all the way i say

However....could you include it as part of your water intake like you do with tea and coffee? hmmm

I think it'd set me off cravings wise!!
I was just wondering why!

:D thanks chicas

it wont actually do either of those. Coke zero unlike diet coke has no citric acid so it wont knock you out of ketosis. Even if you were knocked out of ketosis temporarily your weight loss wont slow down.

Im not saying anyone should drink it before i get shouted at ;) just pointing out that it wont affect ketosis or weight loss

we wouldnt shout at you, would we girls?!:d

Back