Complete newbie

MissPlum

Hiya

im starting slimming world for the first time. I've known a few people do it and have great results so thought I'd give it a whirl.

Due to work hours etc I can't fit a session in so will be doing this on my own from home. Has anybody done this before? Any tips for staying on track? I remember back in the day (when mum used to do SW) they'd be a SW bible of do' sand dont's of what to eat etc. Is there any books you would recommend I get? I've been reading posts trying to get to grips with it all and I kinda see you need a 1/3 of your plate to be free/super free right?

are there any phone apps you can use for syns? That'd be handy if there was ;)

Like I say I'm a complete newbie so any help/tips/do's/don'ts would be great.

thanks in advance :)

x:)

If this is your first time doing Slimming World it would be well worth your time going to at least one class where the plan will be explained to you in full and you will also get the Slimming World pack with the latest information on the new plan or you could do it on line and they will send you out your Slimming World pack.

I agree with Mini - it'd be worth going along, getting the pack and having everything explained to you.

SW is pretty understanding about shift work, and they can make allowances for this so it might be worth chatting to the consultant about that as well.

Lots of people here (on Minimins) are doing the plan from home, but most do touch base with a group from time to time, especially when the plan has some changes like it has this week, and people want the up-to-date literature.

There's a voucher in this weeks Woman mag so you wouldn't pay the £9.95 joining fee, just the £4.95 for the week you went along.

I agree with the above comments too, if you have never been to SW or done it before it's worth going to a group joining and getting all the info and plan and how it works at least once, even if you can't go again.
there is only SO much of the plan you can pick up online :)

I'm doing it at home but have signed up online. You don't get a lot for your money really but it is working for me, so is worth it IMO (for me anyway). I like filling in the food diary and weighing in each week. It is also really easy to find syn values. I find the graph showing your weight go down motivating.

My sister explained the plan to me though, as she goes to a group, and it might have been more difficult just doing it from what I had read on the website.

Thanks very much for you comments, signing up inline seems a sensible idea especially if it shows all of the syns on there.

Ill try see if I can get to a class though I understand what you mean there :) cheers for the tip for the voucher. I'll pick a copy up tomorrow :)

Sorry if I'm wrong, but I think that group members have access to everything that online only members have, as all members are given a LifeLine Pin to register with online. And there isn't even a price difference (which is pretty unfair, IMO!) As someone else has said, I think it's best to go to a group, even if it's just to sign up and get your starter pack (there are currently offers around where you can join for free).

This way, if you buy a 12 week countdown for just under £50, you're actually saving money than just doing it online. You get to go to group whenever you are able to, even if it isn't the one you signed up at. There is also likely a Facebook group for your local group, and you can share your contact details with your consultant. So if you ever wanted an official answer and people on here couldn't help, you could text your consultant, and as a paying member to her group, they'd be more than happy to help.

Back