completely random - school reports

juicygooseface

♥juicy♥
i was just remembering some of the comments i used to get on my secondary school reports. my favourite one was by my P.E teacher who hated me (to be fair i would do F-all throughout every lesson and came in with peircings which i refused to take out) she said
"lucy must learn not to get distracted from learning by others, or be the source of distraction. "

there were many more but this one tickled me for some reason :479:

anybody have any others? xxxxx

I can't remember the comments on mine but now that I write reports I have to say I quite enjoy the challenge of writing about pupils who are have behaviour 'issues'...you have to obviously make parents aware of their behaviour but you can't be too negative.
Resulting in a series of 'x must work on their listening skills as this can often cause them to miss key pieces of information' and ' x must be aware of how their actions can affect other children and should become more considerate of their peers' pebbled throughout the report...then in the general comment at the end you always say how pleasant the child has been to teach lol! I'm sure parents are left thinking WTF?

haha yeah it must be hard being honest without being tooooo honest! funny stuff!
xxxx

I had an awful group of Year 10 boys to write reports for this year...I think one of the comments I wrote ended up being:

"...has demonstrated he has the ability to work both independently and co-operatively towards achieving his academic goals, but only when fully committed to a task. Unfortunately these occasions are few and far between"

It was hard work finding any strengths for them I have to say! :eek:

I had an awful group of Year 10 boys to write reports for this year...I think one of the comments I wrote ended up being:

"...has demonstrated he has the ability to work both independently and co-operatively towards achieving his academic goals, but only when fully committed to a task. Unfortunately these occasions are few and far between"

It was hard work finding any strengths for them I have to say! :eek:
Sounds like could be from my sons report too!
If reports aren't actually factual and just being polite it makes a real farce of them really ......bet you are glad to hear me say that after you have been agonising over writing them :p

Sounds like could be from my sons report too!
If reports aren't actually factual and just being polite it makes a real farce of them really ......bet you are glad to hear me say that after you have been agonising over writing them :p

Haha! Well that's my opinion too, but unfortunately I'm not allowed to write on there "your son is a sh*t" ;)

We're told that even the negatives have to be written in a positive way. I couldn't resist the barb on the end of my comment though...and the head ok'd it, so I left it there ;)

Twice now my daughters have clearly had "copy and paste" reports, because the name hasn't been changed in the text. Obviously with having 30 reports to produce it's a lot simpler these days to do them on the computer, but it does make them feel a little generic and impersonal when you know they are being farmed out unless the child is exceptional in some area that requires more detail.

Back