Confessions of a Scoff-a-holic

Auburn

x x x
Hiya :)

So I've de-junkified my cupboards, instructed the Bloke that I am on a healthy eating kick, and printed out the red day / green day / EE basics for him so he understands what I'm on about...

I've planned my Monday.

I'm doing it :) This is IT.

Plan for Monday 16th July
Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, Warby Thin (5 syns)
Snack - banana, apple, yogurt
Lunch - caeser salad made of chicken, lettuce, cucumber, 2 babybels (A) and 2 tbsp light caeser dressing (1syn)
Snack - Special K bar (HB)
Tea - chicken lasagne (need to syn the sauce yet)

Bring it on :D I have faith in me, I know I can do it!!

Keep the faith :) Good Luck

Do you have to syn the Warby thin because it is not wholemeal bread?

Thank you both!
The Warby thin, it is one of the brown bread ones, but I'm synning it because I'm saving my B choice for my afternoon special k chewy chocolate delight bar :) mondays are not the best, at work, need a choccie fix planned in!

:D

Great first day there, good luck! X

Doing good so far!
Had breakfast when I got to work - Warby thin with 2 hard boiled eggs sliced up. A little dry, might invest in some salad cream or something.
Managed to avoid the breakfast rolls my team all had.
Apple about half 9

I'm a little hungry, but I think its not real hunger. Will have some water x

Bloody work. Hate Mondays..
I went to the canteen intending to get McCoys, and came away with baked Walkers instead. 7.5 syns instead of 13.5, so that's better than it could have been.
Need to get a handle on this emotional eating... stress is nae a good thing!

Right so the final doings for today!
All syns considered - And this is where everyone realises Jenny aint one to stick much to a plan :p

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Warby Thin (5 syns)

Lunch
Caeser Salad - Lettuce, cucumber, green pepper.
chicken
2 x Babybel lights (HA) (I know it should be 3 lights, but I only had 2 left, and I had a cuppa tea with a dash of milk, that's bound to take me up to a full HEx)
2 tbsp light caeser salad dressing (1 syn)

Dinner

Lasagne Stuffed Peppers
Chicken, tomatoes, spinach, green beans, carrot and some onion, in a pan with enough passata to make it saucey, some garlic salt, oregano, black pepper and a pinch of chilli, layered with par-boiled lasagne sheets and topped with half a cheese slice (1 syn)

120716 P2.jpg

Pudding
Strawberries, a Danone Shape Delights 0% Vanilla yogurt (I'm hoping free? or synned??)

Snacks at Work

3/4 bag of Baked Walkers - 7 syns
Special K Chewy Delight - (HB)
Cuppa tea
Apple

Total Syns 14/15
HxA? Yes
HxB? Yes

What would I do differently?

Breakfast - was a little dry, I could done with a tbsp of passata, or a spread of philly, or something.
Say No to Baked Walkers, gads they were nasty! Still, better than scoffing the C&O McCoys that I would have had before...!

Off to plan tomorrow, happy happy happy!! :D

Tuesday so far -
Breakfast
Mushrooms & Gammon with a warby thin (5 syns)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Snack
Banana
Apple
Summer Fruit Alpen Light (3.5 syns)

Lunch
Lasagne stuffed pepper (1 syn)
followed by yogurt & strawberries

Tea - I can't think what to have, yet. BUT! It's a quiet day at work, that'll keep me entertained this afternoon, thinking of food! Maybe a cheesey pasta bake, I still have my A choice left... I had a look through the latest magazine, but I don't see anything immediately. I quite fancy beans, not sure what with. Need to get in the superfree, I have carrot, green beans and peppers to chuck in though. Mince & tatties? Mince beans and tatties with veg. Or something else, I dont know. Hmmmmmm!!

Renewed faith in SW - Enjoying this!

Tuesday - 17th July

Breakfast

Mushrooms & Gammon with a warby thin (5 syns)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Snack
Banana
Apple
Summer Fruit Alpen Light (3.5 syns)

Lunch
Lasagne stuffed pepper (1 syn)
followed by yogurt & strawberries

Afternoon Snack
Special K Chewy Bar - (HB)

After Work - Mum wanted to meet for a cuppa, so I met her and there was a scone waiting - It was nice... but I found it on MFP for 250 cals, not sure it was worth the 12.5 syns....

Tea
Pasta Bolognese
Pasta, toms, carrots, quorn mince, green beans, peppers, onions

Nuts - 9 syns
Slice of toast & chocolate spread - 8 syns

Total Syns

40 syns - Oops. Flexi Syn Day
HxA - No
HxB - Yes

What would I do differently?
Not have the scone, it wasn't worth it
Not have the "I've screwed up" moment and say no to the nuts & toast

Not beating myself up, but a better day tomorrow. I do have a catch-up lunch with a friend, and I think it could be at the All You Can Eat chinese....

Breakfast
Bacon roll (B), scrambled eggs, beans & mushrooms

Lunch
Chinese - stuck to satay chicken, no sauce, stirfried veg (hai broccoli :D) and spicy mushrooms. 1 ladle of curry sauce

Tea
2 Quorn sausages, beans and cheese (A) on one slice of toast (6 syns)

Snacks
Apple
Banana
Yogurt
Galaxy Flute (6 syns)
Mini tub of icecream (10 syns)

Syns - 22 plus the curry sauce..
HxA - yes
HxB - yes

What should I do differently?
Not have the ice cream, I didn't need it!
Plan better for tea. Tonight, I ended up working late. Popping by the boys house afterwards, and he didn't have much in. Need better planning!!

Thursday 19th July

Today was my Mum's birthday and took the day off to spend with mum.
food - Ate WAY too much but generally made the best choices I could.
No tea, as was too full from lunch...

Tomorrow, I'm back at work, then off out with pals from work, and really looking forward to that!

Plan is - Not very SW friendly to be honest, needing it low-calorie as I dont know what is happening for teatime...!
Breakfast = 1 x Warby Thin (5 syns)
Gammon
Mushrooms

Lunch = Soup (techically 7 syns, but 159 cals and no oil or stuff like that in the ingredients, it is all "free" or "superfree" if I was to make it myself....)

Tea = pub based. Will avoid chips & bread based stuff, hoping for chicken salad, or chicken & potatoes...!

Snack = Yogurt, fruit, Special K bar for choccie hit......

and a couple of drinks.

Need to then DRAW A LINE and start afresh, really 100% over the weekend!!!! x

Aarrrghhh why do I do this to myself, so mad, I always make the "wrong" choices.

Friday, breakfast was ok, my Warby thin, mushrooms and gammon. Snacks of fruit and a yogurt throughout the day. I didn't have the soup, I'll save that for Monday, but had a plain baked potato from the canteen, as I fancied something more than liquid or salad. Tea, I chose the hunters chicken instead of fish & chips, or pie & chips, or haggis & chips. Turned out to be battered(!!) chicken! Never seen that before!
Drinks - plenty of vodka, we'd started with pitchers and everyone had a rolling top up...
Saving grace - no takeaway, no pudding, and no creamy cocktails.

Today we've been to an outdoor medieval festival, and I was banking on a hogroast, but it was just a burger van! Mildly disappointed, but had a f**k it moment, and had a haggis burger, which was amazing and very tasty.
Breakfast was low low spread in wholemeal toast.
Tea will be chicken Stirfry with rice. First SW friendly meal in about 3 days, and shock of shocks it was the boys idea..2.5 syns in the honey for the sauce.

I wish I had the je ne sez qua to do a vlcd, get some quick losses to boost my confidence, but I don't think I'd be strong enough to. I felt like rubbish out last night, so fat & ugly x

Sunday

Late Breakfast -
Continental breakfast of ham, boiled egg, 30g jarlsberg (HA) and 2 melba crispbreads (3 syns)

Planned tea will be spinach lentil & sweet potato dahl

Back