confused - weight gain on SS+???????

kerrys86

Silver Member
Im so bemused and totally disheartend, got on scales this am and ive 2lbs on, how does that happen. I have been soo good on SS+

Kerry is this your official weigh in? Weight changes significantly through the day and week so best to keep away from weighing inbetween. Also lots of other factors and show a gain, water retention, TOTM, heat, medication, just generally being a woman and also think the scales like to be mean sometimes too just for the fun of it. Its physically impossible to have gained weight as in fat on this diet if youre sticking to it so hang on in there

No i was at work and saw the scales and just thought id give myself a boost for the wknd how wrong was i!! I have TOTM next week maybe thats why

Your weight changes throughout the day plus its much better to only weigh yourself using one lot of scales. All scales are different so i would think its just that. The only other thing i could think of is if its your time of the month that can make you retain water

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

They are the same scales i have been using. Oh weel i hope your right about TOTM i know i always get v bloated normally

I would bet its to do with totm :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

I'm on day 3 of sole source and I'm showing a 2lbs weight gain also (not official weigh in for me either). Great advice above to keep away from the scale or at least don't let the number get to you. After reading through all the posts on here I've decided to stick rigidly to plan for at least a full month irrespective of what the scales say. Like the above poster said it is impossible to gain weight on this many calories. I normally gain around 3lbs the week before totm so that is likely what it is! Keep your chin up hun and don't get disheartened and come off plan! I bet you get a super loss at weigh in xxx

Thanks slimboots i hope so x

Let us know how you get on. I'm weighing in Monday instead of Wednesday so only five days on plan therefore I'm prepared for potentially a smaller loss than I'd like (I also cut carbs and sugar out completely three days prior to starting to make the transition easier so I'd prob already lost the water weight). How much are you hoping to lose? Sorry if it's on your sig but can't see on iPhone...

No its not on my sig. My starting was 13,10 my first WI i lost 8lbs. I weighed with the slimmin group at work wednesday and it was 11lbs. My official WI is monday also. Altogether hopin to lose just over 3st. I will let you know thanks for all your encouragment i have to admit i nearly crumbled this afternoon

I do believe my weight gain is because i started my TOTM this morning 3 days early. I have read a few posts on here about peoples TOTM's being up the left whilst on CD and now its happened to me. (im on the pill and normally can put it down to exact time im that regular) but hay ho, at least i know why now

starting weight 13,10; 1st WI -8lbs

I do believe my weight gain is because i started my TOTM this morning 3 days early. I have read a few posts on here about peoples TOTM's being up the left whilst on CD and now its happened to me. (im on the pill and normally can put it down to exact time im that regular) but hay ho, at least i know why now

Answer Cambridge Weight Plan: Consumer FAQs: Medical Queries: Does the Cambridge Weight Plan affect the menstrual cycle?

Rapid weight-loss with very low calorie diets may temporarily affect the menstrual cycle patterns; ovulation, however is probably not interrupted. The metabolism of contraceptive pills may be affected during effective weight loss so extra care may be needed.

Once you reach your goal weight and start maintaining it all goes back to normal.

I didnt know it affected contraception pills! Oh dear will have to be careful

Oh that's good news Kerry! Yes, I bet it was totm. Hopefully you're feeling a bit better about what the scales said now... And I bet you're glad you stayed on plan ;) x

Yes, i am. Official weigh in tomorrow. At least now i have my reason for my 2 lbs haha i was beginning to get ovsesssive haha

Back