Considering slimming world

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Gingernut, 19 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    I have not been on here for a while but i am considering slimming world ive been doing ww but felt hungry all the time and cant snack on free food .Jut wondered what you think of slimming world and now with the extra easy plan how does this work .
    But what will confuse me is that i some times like a scone or teacake or even a slice of quiche lorraine these will be high syns how do you do if they are more than what syns you are allowed .
    Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When you join SW you get given a passwrod which will allow you into the inner sanctum of SW Lifeline website. On there you can keep and online food diary, choose which plan you want to use and it will help you choose from drop down boxes what free foods, HeA and B's that you can use for that day and they also have an oline syn thingy. You put in the brand name and then the product and it will tell you how many syns it is. Or you can buy a syn book from your consultant, I believe the new ones are now just coming out. They have all the different brands and also sizes to help you find the syns.

I hope this helped.

4. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    You will find that you certainly will not be hungry on SW , as for the need for tea cakes and scones you will find excellant ways make this thing within your allowances. Also the great thing is you can save your Syns for the day you actually fancy somthing nice.
    I hope you do come over from the darkside and enjoy a healthy lifestyle which is SW.

Regards
    Phil x

5. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    Thanks it is just getting to know a few things about slimming world if i do decide i think i shall join a slimming world meeting
    How do you find the extra easy plan
    How do you go about watching your portions like meat potatoes e tc

6. Frontier-Phil

Frontier-Phil Silver Member

Diet:
    SW-Red
    Hi

Sorry i can'r really comment on the extra easy , as I do orginal, My mother in law does EE and she said its great and to be honest she lost two stone on it and was never hungry and had a real ggod selection of foods. One thing about this programme is that with EE you will not get bored with the same old food

Phil x

7. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    I started this week, and I'm doing extra easy. Don't hesitate, join up! I feel in control for the first time in months! You find that you eat more healthily and you should never be hungry. You can sit through the meeting before you join. Good luck.

8. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    On EE there is no portion control, you fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods, and the rest is red/green. It is that easy. I've only been able to do 4/5 days out of 7 on plan, weekends away, and I've lost over the 3 weeks I've been doing it. Same for OH, she's lost 4lbs, again on limited days on plan.

9. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    Thanks the extra easy sounds good but how do you know how much food to put on your plate
    Ive been used to doing ww where you have to weight all foods and that is portion control

10. Fuffs

Fuffs This is really the time!

Start Weight:
    26st13lb
    Current Weight:
    22st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st6lb(16.45%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    lol

You fill your plate to as much as you want. Aslong as it is 2/3rds red/green and 1/3 superfree. Slimming world doesnt specify portions like WW. You eat for what satisfies YOU xxx

11. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    Thanks just wondered about the portion sizes with extra easy the more i hear about i will be considering joining a meeting

12. little*red

little*red Don't worry, be happy :)

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st12lb
    Lost(%):
    2st12lb(24.1%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Hey Gingernut, WW does the core plan which is like SW extra easy basically a list of core foods you can eat until satisfied (i.e no weighing etc) plus you get an extra 21 points plus activity points through the week for treats.

13. candyspill

candyspill Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    i also did the this the dif is ww says you can eat as much of it as you want at that one meal but then can not return to it
    say an hr latr
    i have tried both and much prefer sw yes there are certain things i miss but food wise it much better x

14. candyspill

candyspill Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers
    i have also swapped from ww for the same reasons as you i am doing ee and so far loving it but i am only 5 days in so still wet behind the ears i can say i have never felt hungry on this
    i have found when ive fancied something high in syns ill try and stave it of with something free its just the motion of eating sometimes not what you eat
    good luk whatever you decide x

15. BikerAngel

BikerAngel Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I swapped from the core plan on ww to ee with sw and love it, and you don't need to worry about not getting quiche as sw do a quiche with the batchelors pasta n sauce and it is lush, if you look on the food piccies thread I have posted my sw quiche on there and so have others and you can put in it what you want.

16. The Maid

The Maid Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    Extra easy is so easy

I'd definitely recommend EE on SW. I have lost over 1.5 stone in 13 weeks. I find that you don't always have to do the one third to two thirds thing to loose weight but stick to the rest of the rules in the EE booklet. The best thing is that ALL free foods on Original and Green are free on EE. This means there is loads of choice and if you want a big meal then you can fill up with free foods.

Give it a go and make sure you get your SW consultant to explain the EE plan to you at the first meeting and get their phone no. for any queries you may have.

17. Gingernut

Gingernut Full Member

Hi
    Thanks everyone for your nice help and advise sw sounds really good im a bit undersiding at moment as i have had a letter from ww leader and are wanting me to go back as ive missed a few weeks for different reasons
    But my ww leader keeps giving me trackers to fill in which is anoying

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Pippy Bear

Pippy Bear Fighting the fat!

Start Weight:
    25st2lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm a fan of ee too, if you want to cook a chicken curry for instance, you can now have rice with it and you don't feel like something is missing from your plate. You can have a real variety of meals with the huge choice of free foods.
    Thats not to say though that the original plan isn't good and I do still have the ocassional red or green day just for a change.
    I have tried WW before but would definitely recommend SW as a healthier way of eating.
    Good luck with your weight loss whichever plan you decide to follow.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.