Consistency of bars

linznel

Could someone please tell me what the bars are like inside - are they oaty like the slim fast bars?
They look tiny in the picture do they fill you up like the shakes?
Thanks
Lindsey x

Hmmm well I dont think filling you up is a prob whilst your in Ketosis. You dont really get hungry, you just have cravings( well thats the case for me) I have my bars in the morn because they are higher in cals and carbs.
The only ones I like are Cranberry and Peanut bars are like an oaty(ish) crunch texture, whereas the ones I dont like are just chewy, fudgey mars bar-ish texture.

x

Hello

I only eat the chocolate, toffee and peanut ones. The consistency of the choc and toffee is lovely - like a fudge bar. Doesn't quite taste the same as a fudge but i love them. They're covered in real chocolate as well! The peanut bar, I'm not so keen on but it keep variety, that's got crispy bits in it so it's like eating a reece's peanut crunch thingy. Just doesn't taste as peanutty.

I think it's the bars that keep me sane! :)

I am on day 5 and I don't feel hungry anymore but when I am due a meal I start to get light headed so will the lighheadedness come sooner if eatin the bars as opposed to shakes or will this sensation go away?

I am on day 5 and I don't feel hungry anymore but when I am due a meal I start to get light headed so will the lighheadedness come sooner if eatin the bars as opposed to shakes or will this sensation go away?

Oh that will go away any day now. It took me 5 days exactly - felt dead on day 5, went to bed early and bang! woke up on day 6 bright as a daisy and not hungry in the slightest!

Well I started eating them in week 4 - only because I see my CDC every 4 weeks. I've lost 3 stones and a few pounds to date. So I don't think it has made a difference, no.

meant to say that I started this on 8th April so it will be 9 weeks tomorrow......

Hello,
I am the self proclaimed ambassador FOR the bars....

Usually they don't slow the losses but you will have to drink some extra water when you eat a bar. I always have 1/2 bar followed by 1/2 pint of water...
The one thing you might get is a gurgely tummy..mine sometimes sounds like I have eaten a medium sized grizzly bear.....and some people experience constipation or the opposite....

They are worth a try..they keep me sane too..

Oh, my favourites are: Chocolate, Toffee, Caramel and Chocolate Orange...(I hate peanuts and cranberries...)

Good luck and good chew..(as they really are a good workout for your jaw....)

xxx

Chebs - you were right !
Woke up this mornin
no fuzzy head, hunger or tummy rumbles - thanks x

Back