Constipation nightmare

SaharaDesert

Omg I have never had such a nightmare with my bowels! I'm day 20 today and I am so constipated inspite of senna and nearly 4lts of water a day! :-( is any one in the same boat or do you have any tips???

Have you tried Fibre clear? I have the same problem too unfortunatly nothing seems to work!

I didn't have any luck with fibre clear. I tried psyllium husk capsules from holland and barret and found a significant improvement when using those, although nothing seems to cure it completely. Hope you feel better soon x

I went to the pharmacy today and I've got fibre clear to try so hopefully it'll help a little I just feel so unwell! It's easy when you're eating you can try prunes and lots of leafy greens! I have definitely been feeling sorry for myself! Thanks for your advice guys...at least I know it's not just me xxx

I'm feeling so unwell again today pharmacist has advised I stop the shakes for today loads of water and if I feel like I want to eat a small protein based meal :-(

Awh noo poor you hope you feel better soon! Have you thought what your gunna have as a meal?

I just looked on the refeed forum on here and think ill have 4oz chicken and a small bowl of salad try and play it safe...although I feel crap I'm looking forward to food! Haha xx

Enjoy! :) Hope you feel better soon, I'm finding it tough with this scorching heat, 32 degrees this morning when I "attempted" to purchase some new clothes as a reward for lasting 6 weeks and getting -1 and a half stone...

I have the same problem and dulcolax seems to be working for me, one tablet before bed then by lunchtime the next day I'm feeling tonnes better.

let us know how you get on! xx

Feel sooooo much better for having eaten something! Might talk about maintainence from now on obviously TFT doesn't suit me :-( just hope I don't end up back at square one xxx

Glad you feel better and must of felt so nice to eat something!

What is the coconut oil for. Is there any benefits from it. Also where can I buy some?

Ducolax from the £1 shop works for me. One at night and next morning movement lol

I will have to try that.Fibreclear doesnt seem to work for me!thanks

I get my OH to give me a belly massage and that seems to get things moving somewhat. I too am suffering terribly with constipation this time round on LT.

Oil up your hands (or preferably get somebody you trust to do it) then massage in circular movement CLOCKWISE from just above or below your belly button right down to the pubic mound. You'll need to be quite firm so that the intestinal tract is actually being massaged. Even better, massage using a dipping and rising motion. This motion will mimic the peristaltic motions that your colon makes when shifting matter through....the same sort of action that a snake uses to eat, undulating muscle wave like motions. I usually start at the top of my right pelvic/hip region and massage along, down the left hand side, across the pelvic region and back up to the starting point. Like I said, be firm as you won't hurt yourself and you'll soon be able to feel and hear things bubbling along.
If you get a sharp pain anywhere that means there is a pocket of trapped wind there, just grit your teeth and try and push it along, it'll be worth it in the end. Aim to massage for about 5 mins.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

Am glad to say dulcolax worked for me finallt so feel alot better..alot quicker then anticipated tho!lol

I find having a green tea everyday has helped might be worth a shot..... cant say I like the stuff but I read somewhere that it aids weight loss so I have been forcing myself to drink it lol x

Back