Red Day Coronation Chicken

Claire1981

Is so very nearly there!
Does anyone have any idea how to make this!?
x

No, but I've got a recipe for Butter chicken. Although I don't usually bother with the cashews, as without it's 2 syns the lot. I used to make it with just chicken, but to make it a bit more EE friendly I now use 1/2 quorn pieces.

Ingredients (serves 4)

• 125ml vlf natural yoghurt
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 2 tsp garam masala
  • 1 tsp chilli powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 2 tsp grated fresh ginger or 2 tsp lazy ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed or 1 tsp lazy garlic
  • mixture of chicken & quorn chicken style pieces, chopped
  • 125g cashews, roasted (optional) not sure of syns
  • 4 sachets butter buds (avail from Lakeland) 2 syns
  • Sunflower frylite
  • 1 onion, finely chopped (or use ready chopped supermarket onion)
  • 1 tsp ground cardamom
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 2 tsp paprika
  • 425g Passata
  • 150ml chicken stock
  • 250ml Quark
  • Steamed basmati rice, to serve
Method

1. Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala, chilli, cumin, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Add chicken and stir well. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  2. Reserve half the cashews and place remaining cashews in a food processor. Process until finely ground. (Optional)
  3. Heat the Fry Lite. Add the onion, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf and cook for 2 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Reduce heat to low, then add chicken and marinade, paprika, Pasatta, cashew powder and stock. Simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in quark and heat through, not too long or it will separate.
  4. Garnish with cashews, chopped coriander and serve with rice.

oooh lovely :)xx

Mmm sounds yummy, I really would like a coronation chicken recipe too though, or even suggestions of a low syn ready made one?

Coronation Chicken
Cook some chicken (syn free on red) and let it cool off. In a bowl mix together 2 level tbs Hellmann's Extra Light Mayonnaise (1.5 syns) and a splob of fat free natural yogurt (syn free) and as much curry powder as you can cope with. Add 71g ready to eat dried Apricots (B choice) and chunks of the chicken. Mix it round.

Eat with salad and garnish with chopped parsley or coriander.

You can have this on a green day too, but you'd have to weigh out the chicken precisely (113g raw weight) and count it as your second B choice. However you could 'save' a B choice by substituting a chopped apple for the apricots.

I actually found it on this site which seems quite good......The MFC COOKBOOK | Not just another diet book worth a look!
x

Mmmm, I think I'd substitute the apricots for 2 syns worth of raisins (14g) but it sounds good. I ended up spending 6 syns on a tiny amount of M&S coronation chicken when I really fancied it the other day!

Im gna make this too :) Thanks FNM!X

My Consultant used to make hers by mixing the peach and maracuya (sp?) Mullerlite yoghurt and curry powder and swore by it...never got to make it though and this would be syn free.

I dont think they do that yog anymore - typical! x

Lol I wondered why I hadnt seen it!!! Lol it used to be one of my favourites!

The curry power can make it gritty. I would use a syn and add some Pataks curry paste. I love making coronation chicken and I always make it with extra light mayo and curry paste.

Who is gna try these out b4 me then LOL
X

Back