could i have some advice (not wl related)

assj

Silver Member
well i had applied for a few jobs the other night, the same store just different areas, now i have been asked to attend an interview for 2 of these places, one is really far away an hour and i have worked there before and didnt like it, the other is about 15 mins away and new to me, i would much rather the second one, but what do i do about the other interview now? when i worked there before i had my interview and the gave me the job there and then, i am not sure what to do?

Hmm it's a dilemma. Without knowing how urgently you need funds or whatever, I'd say try and hold out for a job you know you want, or at least one you don't already know you're going to hate! But at the same time I would still go for the interview at the further away place, because it's all good practice and also if they offer you the job it would be a real confidence booster for your other interview. You don't have to accept on the spot, maybe you can just say you'll get back to them?

Which interview is up first?

the one furthest away is first? so i should just go and see what happens then? thats what my oh said, its a little daunting though cause i will have to see people i worked with before, and i didnt like any of them lol

I would say to go for the interview. You never know what opportunities can come of it, and if they offer u the job, that doesnt mean you have to take it :)

Good luck whatever you decide :) x

thanks, i thinkk i will go to the interview, and if they offer me the job just ask them if i can have some time to decide? do you think thats okay? or should i ask them for time to decide because i have applied for a closer job?

ooh and another thing, as these jobs are xmas jobs i would be required to work xmas eve, but it is my daughters birthday on xmas eve and in about july i booked us to go to the safari park, what the hell do i do about that?

Course you can wait to give them a decision, but not too long!

And for the safari, that is an ACE present, I'm so jealous! Just make sure you tell the people at interview that you cannot work xmas eve, but that you are happy to work boxing day, or something like that. That way they are aware of the situation and they know you are flexible :)

Course you can wait to give them a decision, but not too long!

And for the safari, that is an ACE present, I'm so jealous! Just make sure you tell the people at interview that you cannot work xmas eve, but that you are happy to work boxing day, or something like that. That way they are aware of the situation and they know you are flexible :)
Great advice.

Back