Counting cals for veg?

Suze012

Silver Member
Have just starting using mfp to count my cals. I was doing ww, a vlcd and now counting cals over,xmas n new year. So with ww u got a number of veg for 'free' so not counted. So do yous count everything towards ur 1200 a day when using mfp and counting cals?

Everything that goes in your mouth, you have to count.

If its just a bit of lettuce on a sandwich I won't really bother. It'll only come to 1 or 2 cals. But things like sweetcorn and potatoes and stuff can be quite a few cals so deffo count them.

With ww i would not count certain veg like onion mushroom n salad etc. Obv within limits as in wouldnt have like 10mushrms n not count.

Have beem counting everything so far. Im a bit of a pro at tracking lol did scottish slimmers for 3 years n ww for 2. Lost 5 stone before pregnancy n maintained for years but put it all on with pregnancy.

I have sweetner so not a problem lol Do most of yous use mfp? Im loving it so far! Tetley tea with semi skimmed milk, 11cals tho?? I used to count it as about 40cals??

Think it depends on how much milk you use!

I'm pretty much the same, if it's just some lettuce or cucumber on a sandwich I don't bother (as they're healthy cals anyway, it's not like eating a biscuit lol), but if you're having a lot a veg in a stew or roast or something, then I'd track it. Especially the higher cal veg like sweetcorn, potatoes, maybe peas etc. I guess it also depends on how rigidly you need to stick to your cals!

I absolutely love MFP and wouldn't be without it now! One of the best apps ever! So easy to use, and it's always there for tracking as my phone is always with me! No more carrying bits of paper and pens to write everything down lol! Plus, where you can add a recipe that you make often, it really helps to make tracking even quicker. Love it! ? ?

Luvz,
D* xXx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

With the milk in tea thing I measure out how much milk/calories I want to allow for the day in a jug just for tea and once its gone that's it. You soon get used to knowing how far your allowance can stretch :)

Back